How to export changes from an MS Word doc with the track-changes mode enabled to memoQ
Thread poster: Arkadi Burkov
Arkadi Burkov
Arkadi Burkov  Identity Verified
Belarus
Local time: 00:10
English to Russian
May 7, 2014

Hi there

Does anyone know how you can export changes from an MS Word document with the track-changes mode enabled to memoQ and then get the translated changes back to the document, with the changes earlier exported overwritten with your translation? Importantly, the original changes and their translation should retain their owners.

Many thanks in advance.

Arkadi

István Lengyel
István Lengyel
Hungary
Local time: 22:10
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Some pointers May 9, 2014

Hi Arkadi,

I'm afraid I did not understand your workflow, but you should look at:
1. History/Reports tab on the Translations pane
2. X-translate in the Operations menu
3. Import reviewed document on the TRanslations pane

I guess you'll find the solution there

István

Leo Ning
Leo Ning
China
Local time: 05:10
English to Chinese
+ ...
Word's COMPARE function May 10, 2014

I'm also afraid I did not fully understand your workflow, maybe the following is helpful:

Back up your document.

Save as another identical document and receive the changes. Import the “new” document to memoQ, translate it, and export a monolingual translation.
(the original source and target docs can be made into a TMX or a two-column rtf file just like what memoQ exports, to use in LiveDocs for reference).

Make comparison between the original tr
... See more
I'm also afraid I did not fully understand your workflow, maybe the following is helpful:

Back up your document.

Save as another identical document and receive the changes. Import the “new” document to memoQ, translate it, and export a monolingual translation.
(the original source and target docs can be made into a TMX or a two-column rtf file just like what memoQ exports, to use in LiveDocs for reference).

Make comparison between the original translation and your translation with the MS Word self-owned COMPARE function.
Collapse

Gabriel Catalan
Gabriel Catalan  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:10
English to Spanish
memoQ track changes May 24, 2017

Leo Ning wrote:

Back up your document.

Make comparison between the original translation and your translation with the MS Word self-owned COMPARE function.

good trick

Mario Chavez (X)
Mario Chavez (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:10
English to Spanish
+ ...
Why keep the Word comments? May 24, 2017

I am not sure if a workflow wherein a Word document, Track Changes enabled, comments retained, has to be imported as such, and also to translate the comments and the owners. Pardon my ignorance, but I fail to see the usefulness of keeping track changes and/or comments.

To me, a Word file with enabled track changes, and visible changes and comments, is an unfinished or preliminary document, not a final version.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to export changes from an MS Word doc with the track-changes mode enabled to memoQ

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »