How to Re-install Multiterm 2007
Thread poster: sindy cremer
sindy cremer
sindy cremer
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Sep 7, 2008

I installed SDL Trados 2007 and Multiterm 2007. Something obviously went wrong with the latter. It tells me to "please reinstall Multiterm"; I go to the download site at SDL Trados; I click on the download; it downloads approx. 35 of 645 MB and then throws me out. I don't have a clue what to do.
I run Windows Vista Home 32. Trados SDL seems to work fine, although obviously the Trados Synergy startup doesn't display Multiterm.
I can't find any related help topics on the SDL site. ... See more
I installed SDL Trados 2007 and Multiterm 2007. Something obviously went wrong with the latter. It tells me to "please reinstall Multiterm"; I go to the download site at SDL Trados; I click on the download; it downloads approx. 35 of 645 MB and then throws me out. I don't have a clue what to do.
I run Windows Vista Home 32. Trados SDL seems to work fine, although obviously the Trados Synergy startup doesn't display Multiterm.
I can't find any related help topics on the SDL site.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:59
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Order of installation is important Sep 8, 2008

Yes, we had similar problems when we first installed Trados 2007. It seems that the order of installation (i.e. Trados first, or Multiterm first) is important, since the installation of Trados seems to alter some of Multiterm's entries in Windows' registry.

However, you might want to try something else instead of reinstalling everything: run the registration batch files installed with Trados in your C: drive.

Please look for the files and run them in this order:
-
... See more
Yes, we had similar problems when we first installed Trados 2007. It seems that the order of installation (i.e. Trados first, or Multiterm first) is important, since the installation of Trados seems to alter some of Multiterm's entries in Windows' registry.

However, you might want to try something else instead of reinstalling everything: run the registration batch files installed with Trados in your C: drive.

Please look for the files and run them in this order:
- For Multiterm: #_SelfRegister_Desktop.bat, which should be in C:\Program files\SDL International\Multiterm 2007

- For Trados, SelfRegister.bat, which should be in C:\Program files\SDL International\T2007\TT

If this does not help, try to run these BAT files in the opposite order, i.e. run Trados' batch file first and then the batch for Multiterm.

I hope this is useful!
Collapse

sindy cremer
sindy cremer
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Unfortunately.. Sep 8, 2008

that doesn't work, Tomás. "Unable to locate input assembly,'Trados Multiterm iSearch.dll' or one of its components." is the "Dos"text.

On the list of programmes on my PC, Multiterm shows as having only a 130 MB size, whereas according to the download file, it should be somewhere around 645.

I haven't a clue if I can download (both Trados and) Multiterm again, or whether only one single download is possible (I purchased only one licence). Whether that is why I get kick
... See more
that doesn't work, Tomás. "Unable to locate input assembly,'Trados Multiterm iSearch.dll' or one of its components." is the "Dos"text.

On the list of programmes on my PC, Multiterm shows as having only a 130 MB size, whereas according to the download file, it should be somewhere around 645.

I haven't a clue if I can download (both Trados and) Multiterm again, or whether only one single download is possible (I purchased only one licence). Whether that is why I get kicked out after only part is downloaded, or whether that has to do with my (wireless) connection, I don't know. Since I have a wireless internet connection, downloading takes hours, and can be interrupted (I ran these two giants at night).

If I were to remove all Trados contents from my machine now, I would also lose the TM I've already built, and I obviously wouldn't want to do that. Although, if I have no other choice, I will, of course.

I would want to contact SDL about this, but can't find any helpful details.

I understood (too late) that the order is important (and I frankly don't quite understand why this is not indicated on the download site itself), hence installed Trados first, then Multiterm.

If there's anyone out these who can help, I'd be truly grateful!

[Edited at 2008-09-08 10:48]
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:59
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Contact Trados's sales person in your country Sep 8, 2008

Sindy Cremer wrote:
I haven't a clue if I can download (both Trados and) Multiterm again, or whether only one single download is possible (I purchased only one licence).

Yes, you should be able to download it as often as you like. In fact, you will also have access to updates for a year.

If I were to remove all Trados contents from my machine now, I would also lose the TM I've already built, and I obviously wouldn't want to do that. Although, if I have no other choice, I will, of course.

I don't think so. The memories are saved as separate files and you would not lose them!

I would want to contact SDL about this, but can't find any helpful details.

Maybe I can help about this. I will contact our sales person here in Spain who is tremendously efficient. Let me see if she can tell you who the person will be for your country.

sindy cremer
sindy cremer
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tomás, you're a star! Sep 8, 2008

I just received an e-mail from your sales-lady in Spain; Muchissimas gracias for contacting her for me!
I will follow her instructions and will keep you posted of the outcome(although this might take a few days).

I definitely owe you one.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to Re-install Multiterm 2007

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »