Thread poster: Neil Coffey
Neil Coffey
Neil Coffey  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:43
French to English
+ ...
Sep 17, 2011

In case this of interest to any colleagues involved in language teaching (or simply who have friends/children learning French), I just wanted to mention a French vocab learning app I have written for iPhone/iPad which is now in the App store. You'll forgive the slightly unoriginal title of "French V... See more
In case this of interest to any colleagues involved in language teaching (or simply who have friends/children learning French), I just wanted to mention a French vocab learning app I have written for iPhone/iPad which is now in the App store. You'll forgive the slightly unoriginal title of "French Vocab Games":

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/french-vocab-games/id462837825

(This link is to the US app store, but it should be available in all regions.)

As I'm keen to get feedback for future updates, if anyone has a particular opportunity to trial the app among a number of students (e.g. a teacher, or parent with several children learning) then I also have a couple of promo codes for people to download the app for free if you'd like to e-mail me via my profile.

I'd also just like to take the opportunity to thank colleagues here for some of their comments on the US education system which were helpful in making one or two tweaks to the chosen vocabulary.
Collapse

CeeLee
CeeLee
Local time: 05:43
Interesting Sep 17, 2011

Hey man, thanks for bringing this app to my attention. These kind of apps make learning easy, fun and interesting. You don't feel bored and always want to learn more. A colleague of mine is learning french and he just tested out the app on his ipad, he loves. I would recommend this app to everyone!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New French Vocab Games app for iPhone/iPad

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »