yugoslavia
yugoslavia
United States
Local time: 06:31
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 24, 2020

Dear colleagues from Lavia and colleagues from Latvia living in overseas,

I hope you are doing well in Latvia with your families. I'm writing to you because I'm trying to get the name of a CEO or president of a translation company based in your country. I need to write a letter for this CEO because I had a problem with a very rude project manager several weeks ago. he insulted me If you can also provide me with the name of the government agency in Latvia that keeps the information o
... See more
Dear colleagues from Lavia and colleagues from Latvia living in overseas,

I hope you are doing well in Latvia with your families. I'm writing to you because I'm trying to get the name of a CEO or president of a translation company based in your country. I need to write a letter for this CEO because I had a problem with a very rude project manager several weeks ago. he insulted me If you can also provide me with the name of the government agency in Latvia that keeps the information of companies registered in Latvia.Here in USA this information is kept by The Better Business Bureau and The secretary of State of each state.

All your help and cooperation will be greatly appreciated.
Kind regards,
Yugoslavia
Collapse

Viesturs Lacis
Viesturs Lacis  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 12:31
English to Latvian
Some suggestions Feb 27, 2020

The all-purpose database of company information and trade register documents in Latvia is Lursoft that gets its data directly from the Uzņēmumu Reģistrs which is our trade register agency. You will have to pay to access most of the content. I'm not sure of the payment options but the interface is available in English so you should be able to figure everything out. Alternatively, you may use the search feature of our free-of-char... See more
The all-purpose database of company information and trade register documents in Latvia is Lursoft that gets its data directly from the Uzņēmumu Reģistrs which is our trade register agency. You will have to pay to access most of the content. I'm not sure of the payment options but the interface is available in English so you should be able to figure everything out. Alternatively, you may use the search feature of our free-of-charge National Gazette to look up the business name (or preferably, its registration number) you need - every time a change is made to a company's board, it is announced therein.
As for the BBB and its "trustworthiness" rating, I don't think we have anything like that here. Someone made a website where people could complain about poor treatment by businesses but it has long since been overrun by Internet trolls.

Just a heads-up though: if all you want to complain about is a rude PM, then - depending on the company - it may well be in vain. You may be in for a rude awakening if you think our business communication ethics is anywhere close to what is expected in the West. I recall a case some years ago where a customer complained to the staff of our local Craigslist alternative about listed price discrepancies and was threatened with assault in reply.
Collapse

yugoslavia
yugoslavia
United States
Local time: 06:31
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Feb 28, 2020

Hi,
Thank you so much for replying to my message. Can you please write me directly to my profile?
I only need to know the CEO of the Latvian company to send her a letter.
Please let me know.
Thanks.
Yugoslavia

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

CEO name Of Latvian Company.

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »