Thread poster: Mila Di Tullio
Mila Di Tullio
Mila Di Tullio  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:31
English to Italian
Feb 21, 2018

Hello everyone

In September I'd like to start a master to specialize in two translation domains.
I'm undecided between the Audiovisual Translation course at Roehampton University and the Translation (Audiovisual and Literary) MA at Middlesex University.
I think the second one could be give more job opportunities as it's focus on two domains. On the same time though, I'm keen on gaining technical skills in audiovisual translation to be able to do dubbing or subtitling pr
... See more
Hello everyone

In September I'd like to start a master to specialize in two translation domains.
I'm undecided between the Audiovisual Translation course at Roehampton University and the Translation (Audiovisual and Literary) MA at Middlesex University.
I think the second one could be give more job opportunities as it's focus on two domains. On the same time though, I'm keen on gaining technical skills in audiovisual translation to be able to do dubbing or subtitling professionally therefore the master at Roehampton could be suitable.

Does anyone know or attended one of those courses?

I really appreciate any sort of advice.

Thanks

Mila
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Master degree: advice on two courses

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »