Does your notification history show the history before today?
Thread poster: Katalin Szilárd
Katalin Szilárd
Katalin Szilárd  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 11:09
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Jul 15, 2018

9 days ago I wrote that I received notifications with major delays or didn't receive some of them.
Today I wanted to check the notifications history of mine because I opened a Kudoz today and at the end of the page I read:

"The notifications were sent outside of the scope of the current logs.
If you feel you should have received notification about this question, please submit a support request."

Ironically I did receive a notification about this particular
... See more
9 days ago I wrote that I received notifications with major delays or didn't receive some of them.
Today I wanted to check the notifications history of mine because I opened a Kudoz today and at the end of the page I read:

"The notifications were sent outside of the scope of the current logs.
If you feel you should have received notification about this question, please submit a support request."

Ironically I did receive a notification about this particular Kudoz.
Actually what does this mean at proz.com?:"outside of the scope of current logs?"

Then I opened more Kudoz pages and I saw the same in all Kudoz.
So I opened the notifications history and it is set for today.
I cannot check any notifications whether they were sent or not before today.
As you can see the dates before today (15 July) are greyed out (I cannot select them).

default today

Is this the same for everybody?

Bests,
Katalin

[Edited at 2018-07-15 18:04 GMT]
Collapse

Jennifer Levey

Katalin Szilárd
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
At least I know not only mine Jul 16, 2018

Actually I have just talked with another member and his Notifications history looks the same.
Dates are greyed out and cannot be selected before 15th July.

Jennifer Levey
Jennifer Levey  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 07:09
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mine too... Jul 17, 2018

My “agree” with Katalin’s first post was intended to confirm that the same problem appeared on that date when looking at my own notifications history.

I can now expand on that, and say that now, 24 hours later, I can filter for everything from 15th to 17th July – and can see a list of notifications (all on 16th July). I still cannot filter for dates prior to 15th July.

This looks very much like a case of “finger trouble” affecting someone at Proz.com. Mayb
... See more
My “agree” with Katalin’s first post was intended to confirm that the same problem appeared on that date when looking at my own notifications history.

I can now expand on that, and say that now, 24 hours later, I can filter for everything from 15th to 17th July – and can see a list of notifications (all on 16th July). I still cannot filter for dates prior to 15th July.

This looks very much like a case of “finger trouble” affecting someone at Proz.com. Maybe the inadvertent deletion of all data prior to 15th July – or spurious filtering of the data (bad SQL).

Whatever the precise cause, it is yet another example of the weaknesses seen across the site in recent months, and the fragility of the site’s infrastructure.

RL
Collapse

Katalin Szilárd
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Short time frame Jul 19, 2018

Robin Levey wrote:

This looks very much like a case of “finger trouble” affecting someone at Proz.com. Maybe the inadvertent deletion of all data prior to 15th July – or spurious filtering of the data (bad SQL).

Whatever the precise cause, it is yet another example of the weaknesses seen across the site in recent months, and the fragility of the site’s infrastructure.

RL

Hi Robin,

Yes, as it turned out this was the same for everybody. So not only 2 people but for everybody.
I received the answer from the site that "indeed the view of the mail monitor has been changed to the one you see now back in 2009."

So if on the 15th of any month I want to check whether I received a notification before the 15th I cannot do that....

I had issues with notifications a couple of times since 2016.
I changed my email address, same happened last year and then this year.
Now this issue came up because I wanted to check my notification history on the 15th July.

Bests,
Katalin

Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
How? Jul 19, 2018

Katalin Szilárd wrote:

default today

How do you get there? O_o

Katalin Szilárd
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The trick is don't click :) Jul 19, 2018

Mirko Mainardi wrote:

Hi Mirko,

You should put the cursor on your photo icon, don't click on it just move it there, then many many settings "pop-up". One of them is the Notification history.

See the attachment.

notifications history

Bests,
Katalin

[Edited at 2018-07-19 09:47 GMT]

Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
Same here Jul 19, 2018

Katalin Szilárd wrote:

Mirko Mainardi wrote:

You should put the cursor on your photo icon, don't click on it just move it there, then many many settings "pop-up". One of them is the Notification history.

OK, thanks Katalin. I can confirm it's the same here. Can only select the 15th as the earliest date (and am only shown notifications starting from the 16th)...

Katalin Szilárd
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
According to the site staff same since 2009 Jul 19, 2018

Mirko Mainardi wrote:

OK, thanks Katalin. I can confirm it's the same here. Can only select the 15th as the earliest date (and am only shown notifications starting from the 16th)...

Yes, the site staff confirmed this was implemented way back in 2009.
I remember it a different way, as I checked in a support ticket back from 2017...
Anyway, right now this is the reality.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does your notification history show the history before today?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »