P.B:
P.B:
Italy
Local time: 11:14
English to Italian
+ ...
Jul 20, 2018

Hi,

I am currently trying to translate a technical user manual.

A translation exists for a previous version of this manual but it was not done in SDL:

In order to keep in the new version (target) what had already been translated in previous documentation I decided to align in SDL in the source the new document version (that includes also old parts) and I aligned it with the english translated document of the old document.

I did the alignment an
... See more
Hi,

I am currently trying to translate a technical user manual.

A translation exists for a previous version of this manual but it was not done in SDL:

In order to keep in the new version (target) what had already been translated in previous documentation I decided to align in SDL in the source the new document version (that includes also old parts) and I aligned it with the english translated document of the old document.

I did the alignment and created a TM from it.

I created the new project by always inserting the latest doc version, trying to only translate the delta of strings that are not translated.

I imagined that, during alignment, as I entered in the target an already translated manual, with already translated screenshot, I would have still seen those in my new target document, but unfortunately, from the preview...I can see the screenshots reflect the ones from the source document.

Does anyone know if there is a way to align both text and screenshots in SDL in order to keep already translated screens in the target.

Please let me know.

Thank you very much,

Paola
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados, entering translated screens in target

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »