Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:50
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 27, 2021

Dear colleagues

I've been working for a certain client for almost 10 years and I've created a nice termbase, which is updated on random basis, that is, when the client sends us new translation projects and reference files containing, sometimes, terms translated differently. We do a terminology research and update our termbase accordingly (adding prefered term, deprecated term, source, references, and so on).
Nevertheless, I've duplicated the termbase sometime in the past, I
... See more
Dear colleagues

I've been working for a certain client for almost 10 years and I've created a nice termbase, which is updated on random basis, that is, when the client sends us new translation projects and reference files containing, sometimes, terms translated differently. We do a terminology research and update our termbase accordingly (adding prefered term, deprecated term, source, references, and so on).
Nevertheless, I've duplicated the termbase sometime in the past, I don't remember when, and started to use the new version, lets us name it Termbase2019. Unfortunatedly, I've just discovered that I've been using and updating the older termbase, Termbase2017.
The question is: I want to create a new termbase importing only the newest terms (excluding the older decretated ones) independently of the termbase; and avoiding adding exact entries as duplicate ones. Is it possible to do so?
Thanks

Clarisa
Collapse

Yossi Rozenman
Yossi Rozenman  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:50
Member (2006)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Use "Synchronize entries on term" option Jan 27, 2021

When importing, in the import options, on the dropdown list "Process import entry as follows:" choose "Synchronize entries on term".

Then, in the next screen you can choose how and if to import new entries.

Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:50
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No "Synchronize entries on term" option available Jan 27, 2021

Yossi Rozenman wrote:

When importing, in the import options, on the dropdown list "Process import entry as follows:" choose "Synchronize entries on term".

Then, in the next screen you can choose how and if to import new entries.

I only have the following options:
1) Default import definition (Imports all entries, allowing incomplete pbut denying...)
2) Syncronize on Entry number (Add entries as new entries. However, is entries with the same entry numer exist alread, then the entries are merged)

I don't see the term syncronization option.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Creating an Import file for Multiterm

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »