Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 21:37
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thank you! Aug 5, 2017

Wow, thank you Eugene!

I'll resume my testing this weekend. I guess I'll need to download the program again and reimport the database, right?

I'll report back if anything comes up.

Eugene Kuchynski
Eugene Kuchynski
Belarus
Local time: 07:37
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Just update Aug 5, 2017

Nora Diaz wrote:

Wow, thank you Eugene!

I'll resume my testing this weekend. I guess I'll need to download the program again and reimport the database, right?

I'll report back if anything comes up.

Thanks, Nora! No, it will be enough to simply update the program via internal updater. And just continue with existing data.

Nora Diaz
Mexico
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Updating the database Aug 5, 2017

Thank you Eugene. My TO3000 database has grown since I last imported it into BaccS and I would like to do a real-life full test of Baccs, with the intention of smoothly transitioning to the program in the near future, so in that case would running an import of the latest TO3000 database add to the BaccS database or replace it completely?

Eugene Kuchynski
Eugene Kuchynski
Belarus
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Only from scratch Aug 5, 2017

Dear Nora,
Unfortunately, it is only possible to import the whole database. The program can't import differences. So, before importing, you can go to Settings and click Clear user data, or simply delete database file in the Database folder. In second case, a new empty database will be created when restarting the program.

Nora Diaz
Mexico
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Issue when entering amount for new job Aug 7, 2017

Hi Eugene,

When trying to enter an amount for a new job, hitting the period/point key skips the 0 already present in the field before moving to the decimal part of the amount, resulting in the intended amount being entered incorrectly.

In other words:

The Amount field starts out at 0.00
If instead of tabbing over to the field, I click in the field, with the cursor being placed in front of the first 0 and then enter, say 50.00, I end up with 500.00. I
... See more
Hi Eugene,

When trying to enter an amount for a new job, hitting the period/point key skips the 0 already present in the field before moving to the decimal part of the amount, resulting in the intended amount being entered incorrectly.

In other words:

If instead of tabbing over to the field, I click in the field, with the cursor being placed in front of the first 0 and then enter, say 50.00, I end up with 500.00. I realize that I could select the entire field and then replace it, but could this be fixed so that typing a period doesn't skip over to the decimal separator, but rather inserts it?

Thank you!

Nora Díaz
Collapse

Eugene Kuchynski
Eugene Kuchynski
Belarus
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Good suggestion, but Aug 8, 2017

Nora Diaz wrote:

Hi Eugene,

In other words:

If instead of tabbing over to the field, I click in the field, with the cursor being placed in front of the first 0 and then enter, say 50.00, I end up with 500.00. I realize that I could select the entire field and then replace it, but could this be fixed so that typing a period doesn't skip over to the decimal separator, but rather inserts it?

Thank you!

Nora Díaz

Hello, Nora!
Sorry for the small delay with reply. I've made a small investigation. After analyzing of a few other programs, came into conclusion that such behavior is default not only in BaccS. When entering a field from previous column via Tab/Enter buttons, the text is selected, and any typed number replaces default zero value. But if you deselect default value (enter this column via mouse click), then typing any number leads to shifting of zero, while pressing comma/point moves cursor into decimal part. So, I think it is not possible to do anything here, just form a habit to press right arrow key before starting to type something here. Another way is to press F4 here to call calculator, type/calculate the number there, and press Ctrl-Enter to apply the value. Hope we can live with this

Nora Diaz
Mexico
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Selecting the contents of the cell Aug 8, 2017

Thank you Eugene,

I realize this may be due to my old habits and I will have to form a new one if needed but was trying to figure out why it was never an issue in TO3000 and see that as soon as I click on the field, the entire contents are selected, no matter where I click, would that be possible at all in BaccS?

I'll email you a short video showing the behavior of the cell in TO3000, all while realizing that these are different programs and this feature may or may not
... See more
Thank you Eugene,

I realize this may be due to my old habits and I will have to form a new one if needed but was trying to figure out why it was never an issue in TO3000 and see that as soon as I click on the field, the entire contents are selected, no matter where I click, would that be possible at all in BaccS?

I'll email you a short video showing the behavior of the cell in TO3000, all while realizing that these are different programs and this feature may or may not be possible in BaccS.

Best,

Nora
Collapse

Eugene Kuchynski
Eugene Kuchynski
Belarus
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Done Aug 9, 2017

Nora Diaz wrote:

Thank you Eugene,

I'll email you a short video showing the behavior of the cell in TO3000, all while realizing that these are different programs and this feature may or may not be possible in BaccS.

Best,

Nora

Hi, Nora,
Thanks for the request! This is implemented and already available in the update. Sure that this will be valuable small improvement.

----
To few users who experienced problems when importing invoices from ProZ.com account: problems are fixed and importing now works better. Just please update your copies. Don't forget to add currency rates before importing, otherwise amounts in base currency will be incorrectly calculated.

Nora Diaz
Mexico
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thank you! Aug 9, 2017

Thank you Eugene!

casey
casey  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:37
Japanese to English
Excellent Aug 10, 2017

This is exactly what I was looking for. I've been using Excel for job tracking, iCalendar for planning and manually invoicing with an Excel template for years. I tried that other software, but it was too bulky for my needs. There were too many options with that one that I had to work around in order to tweak it to my needs. BaacS is perfect for someone who is simply a freelance translator and doesn't do anything else. I'm so excited to send out my first invoices at the end of this month!

Jennifer Ocquidant

PAL Translation
PAL Translation
India
Local time: 10:07
English to Gujarati
+ ...
GST implemention in Invoice Aug 22, 2017

Hi Eugene Kuchynski ,

First of all would like to congratulate you for developing such a great translation management software.
I dont know if you are aware that recently in India GST taxation system has been implemented
and we have to generate Invoice as per GST . Is it possible in BaccS to customize it as per GST.
I am very much interested in buying it but just want to know if it is possible.

Eugene Kuchynski
Eugene Kuchynski
Belarus
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Answers Aug 22, 2017

casey wrote:

This is exactly what I was looking for. I've been using Excel for job tracking, iCalendar for planning and manually invoicing with an Excel template for years. I tried that other software, but it was too bulky for my needs. There were too many options with that one that I had to work around in order to tweak it to my needs. BaacS is perfect for someone who is simply a freelance translator and doesn't do anything else. I'm so excited to send out my first invoices at the end of this month!

Thank you, Casey! For these words and for active participation in discussions. This really helps!

First of all would like to congratulate you for developing such a great translation management software.
I dont know if you are aware that recently in India GST taxation system has been implemented
and we have to generate Invoice as per GST . Is it possible in BaccS to customize it as per GST.
I am very much interested in buying it but just want to know if it is possible.

Thank you! And promise not to stop As for GST, I know nothing about it, but after reading a short article I see that GST is a simple set of invoicing rules, which requires to state some mandatory information in invoices. If I understand correctly, then of course it is possible to prepare an invoice template which corresponds to these rules. And then we can upload this template to web-site to allow each user from India to use it. Of course, some fields may be incorporated explicitly in this template (without storing in the database), like GSTIN code or HSN code. In this case, each user will need to correct it before starting to use, but that's an easy task.
Underlining, please let me know if GST is more than requirements for invoice composition. For example, maybe it is required to export it in some special format? If not, than we can easily implement such invoice in BaccS.

-------------------
General news
I didn't write here, but a week ago I've released first built of network version. At the moment the only difference from a local version is built-in Chat for connected users, but later this functionality will be expanded. Especially in the direction of tracking performance of team members and job outsourcing. So, now BaccS is intended not only for individual translators, but small teams too. Full details can be found in this news article.

Nora Diaz
Mexico
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thank you for all the updates Aug 25, 2017

I just wanted to drop by and say a big thank you to Eugene for all the recent updates, the software is constantly getting better and better, making my life easier with every update.

The support throughout my transition from my old software has been unbelievable and I feel like I have access to a magic lamp: all I have to do is ask for something and poof! it is granted. : )

Thank you, Eugene, you're a star!!!

Best,

Nora

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:37
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
I totally agree. Aug 25, 2017

Nora Diaz wrote:

I just wanted to drop by and say a big thank you to Eugene for all the recent updates, the software is constantly getting better and better, making my life easier with every update.

The support throughout my transition from my old software has been unbelievable and I feel like I have access to a magic lamp: all I have to do is ask for something and poof! it is granted. : )

Thank you, Eugene, you're a star!!!

Best,

Nora

Eugene is definitely up there in the Amazing Programmers’ Hall of Fame, iyam, standing shoulder to shoulder with e.g. CafeTran's Igor Kmitowski. When someone is this passionate about their software, and they also happen to be a great coder, using their software is a real pleasure.

Eugene Kuchynski
Eugene Kuchynski
Belarus
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, and ver 3 announcement Sep 7, 2017

Thank you, Nora and Michael! I'm happy to meet you, discuss and implement ideas, and constantly make the product better.

After about 2 years of development, and just only in 3 months after ver 2 release, I'm happy to tell about upcoming BaccS version 3, which will incorporate all the gained experience. Still no exact release date, but hope to finish it during the month. There will be incredible number of new features. Can't disclose all secrets right now, but here just a few directi
... See more
Thank you, Nora and Michael! I'm happy to meet you, discuss and implement ideas, and constantly make the product better.

After about 2 years of development, and just only in 3 months after ver 2 release, I'm happy to tell about upcoming BaccS version 3, which will incorporate all the gained experience. Still no exact release date, but hope to finish it during the month. There will be incredible number of new features. Can't disclose all secrets right now, but here just a few directions of improvements: incredible performance (app starts in 1 second!), unseen level of customization, a lot of stuff for small teams, significantly lowered learning curve, new platform... and a lot-lot-lot more. Can't wait to share details and show this to public!
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

BaccS - Windows-based management and invoicing software for translators

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »