Thread poster: Eugene Kuchynski
Eugene Kuchynski
Eugene Kuchynski
Belarus
Local time: 12:21
English to Russian
Jun 14, 2016

Dear translators,

I've been working on personal project management and invoicing app for years. Never thought about opening it for public access, but things has changed and I decided to offer it to community. There are tons of similar software. but non of them fulfilled my needs, so I used my own. Features are common: customers, projects, quotes, deadlines, invoices, stats, and some others. App also allows to import existing data. Many new features are still planned to be implemente
... See more
Dear translators,

I've been working on personal project management and invoicing app for years. Never thought about opening it for public access, but things has changed and I decided to offer it to community. There are tons of similar software. but non of them fulfilled my needs, so I used my own. Features are common: customers, projects, quotes, deadlines, invoices, stats, and some others. App also allows to import existing data. Many new features are still planned to be implemented, I hope it will be a kind of surprise.

One of the main differences from competitors is the price. Everyone can use it for free. The only 'disturbing' thing is ads. But it is not annoying and won't affect your experience.

I know that many translators use simple Excel sheets to do accounting. I offer such translators to at least try my app. Maybe you will find some interesting things.

It fully fulfill my needs of accounting, but there every individual has own habits and requirements. And maybe you'll find that some needed functions are missing. I'm asking you to share your thoughts. Every idea will be heard and implemented, as possible.

Will it be interesting for you? I really hope you'll enjoy it and find useful.

Even if you're not going to use in everyday's work, I'm asking you to visit app page and leave a short comment here or in any social network - every word is very important for me and for the project.

Kind regards, with hope for your comments,
Eugene Kuchynski.
www.ibaccs.com
Plus, recommend to quickly read Getting started article. This is very short introduction which contains minimum information to start working with the app.

[Редактировалось 2016-06-14 11:05 GMT]
Collapse

Vladimir Morozov
Vladimir Morozov
Russian Federation
Local time: 11:21
English to Russian
+ ...
First of all, I woud recommend to spellcheck your website, Jun 14, 2016

as there are many typos.

Eugene Kuchynski
Eugene Kuchynski
Belarus
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Was expecting this Jun 14, 2016

Don't know why, but I expected that first comment will be similar to yours. Anyway, thanks, even if this is put me to shame

Rolf Keller
Rolf Keller
Germany
Local time: 10:21
English to German
A web-based app? Jun 14, 2016

According to an info service (http://websitepart.com/www/ibaccs.com#quick-facts-anchor) it's a web-based app. Could you please clarify this?

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:21
Member (2008)
Italian to English
INdeed Jun 14, 2016

Vladimir Morozov wrote:

as there are many typos.

Indeed - such as "Track customer balances for a given time period, and never loose anything." The poor English is a shame because the design of the website is very good. It's a pity to spoil the ship for a ha'pworth of tar.

[Edited at 2016-06-14 15:26 GMT]

Eugene Kuchynski
Eugene Kuchynski
Belarus
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Clarification Jun 14, 2016

Rolf Keller wrote:

According to an info service (http://websitepart.com/www/ibaccs.com#quick-facts-anchor) it's a web-based app. Could you please clarify this?

Sure, Rolf,

Web-based app means that everything works in web environment (online, cloud), not on your personal PC (offline). Maybe I wasn't clear enough with description. So, this is online service and everything works through web-browser.

By the way, I'm thinking about making offline version in future, because many translators would avoid keeping their data in the cloud. Everything has its pros and cons. At the moment there is only online version, cause I think this is modern approach which allows me to deliver regular updates. Again, in the future, if there will be any success with this service, I'll develop offline version which will be possible to install on local machines. This depends on user's requests

Eugene Kuchynski
Eugene Kuchynski
Belarus
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry! Jun 14, 2016

Tom in London wrote:

Vladimir Morozov wrote:

as there are many typos.

Indeed - such as "Track customer balances for a given time period, and never loose anything." The poor English is a shame because the design of the website is very good. It's a pity to spoil the ship for a ha'pworth of tar.

[Edited at 2016-06-14 15:26 GMT]

I'm sorry, Tom, working hard to fix everything That's a shame to get such comments, but I'm ready to get any 'slaps' to create something valuable.

Eugene Kuchynski
Eugene Kuchynski
Belarus
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
App update Jun 15, 2016

I've discovered that many people visited my web-site from this topic. Google stats showed that some of you registered, and some even tried to add some data. Also stats shows that the first thing you try to do is to create a new project. Till today, it was necessary to prepare reference data before creating a new project: create units, working fields, customers, customer employees, work types, etc. Without these data it is not possible to create a project, because you have to select them in combo... See more
I've discovered that many people visited my web-site from this topic. Google stats showed that some of you registered, and some even tried to add some data. Also stats shows that the first thing you try to do is to create a new project. Till today, it was necessary to prepare reference data before creating a new project: create units, working fields, customers, customer employees, work types, etc. Without these data it is not possible to create a project, because you have to select them in comboboxes. So, after analyzing this, I've added a new feature today: possibility to create this reference data during project creation. Now there is a plus sign in every combobox. When clicked, a popup window opens to create new entity. When 'Save' button clicked, new entity is created and automatically selected in the corresponding combobox. How it looks:

Hope this feature will help you to start testing much more easier. Thank you!

[Редактировалось 2016-06-15 08:25 GMT]

[Редактировалось 2016-06-15 08:26 GMT]
Collapse

Eugene Kuchynski
Eugene Kuchynski
Belarus
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Getting Started video Jun 17, 2016

Just uploaded demo video which shows how to start working with the app. Hope you'll like it.

Getting started video on YouTube

[Редактировалось 2016-06-17 18:42 GMT]

Eugene Kuchynski
Eugene Kuchynski
Belarus
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Import Trados and MemoQ analysis reports Jun 20, 2016

Dear translators,
Today's new feature is especially for you. SDL Trados and MemoQ are the most used CAT software nowadays. And from today BaccS allows you to quickly create projects on the basis of analysis reports generated by these tools. First of all, prepare analysis report and save it. Then create a new project, select customer, and then drag and drop generated report to the corresponding space.

After a few seconds job details table will be filled with the corresponding data. Requirements to fulfill this operation:

• You have to create 'Words' unit in the Units catalog

• You have to create a work type containing 'Translation' in the 'Work types' catalog

• You have to create necessary fuzzy types in the 'Fuzzy types' catalog

• It is recommended to add default rates for the selected customer. In a result you'll get a final amount without even single manual operation

If any error arises during execution of import operation, you will see the message under file selection box:

Just fix the error (in this case, add '50% - 74%' fuzzy type) and try again.
As soon as this is a new feature, will be glad to hear any suggestions to improve it. And hope you'll enjoy it.

[Редактировалось 2016-06-20 12:02 GMT]

Eugene Kuchynski
Eugene Kuchynski
Belarus
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
New update Jun 24, 2016

Still no feedback, but I will continue to write here from time to time. There were some negative messages above, but I continue to work on features, design and other parts, and already have a few positive opinions.
Today's update: new 'Work stats' report. It allows to display statistical data for the completed projects, detailed by work type, work field and unit of measure - everything in one place! Plus, it is possible to export data in Excel format for further processing. This report all
... See more
Still no feedback, but I will continue to write here from time to time. There were some negative messages above, but I continue to work on features, design and other parts, and already have a few positive opinions.
Today's update: new 'Work stats' report. It allows to display statistical data for the completed projects, detailed by work type, work field and unit of measure - everything in one place! Plus, it is possible to export data in Excel format for further processing. This report allows to display stats for any period (full time, year, quarter, month, or any other), any work field category or work field itself, or work type (for example, translation, proofreading, DTP, etc.).

And here is the look of the same report, exported into Excel:

I'm sure it is interesting and useful to know how we perform in terms of words, hours or any other unit.
Collapse

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:21
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Hi Eugene! Jun 24, 2016

Looks interesting. I just registered and will test drive it (if I have time). I'm always on the lookout for sth better than TO3000, which works just fine, but there is something about it that I just don't like. I also don't really like the fact that AIT are almost exclusively focused on their corporate clients (i.e., on Projetex) at the moment, and so the regular version is in a state of limbo, with annoying little bugs that just never get fixed and feature requests left hanging for years.
... See more
Looks interesting. I just registered and will test drive it (if I have time). I'm always on the lookout for sth better than TO3000, which works just fine, but there is something about it that I just don't like. I also don't really like the fact that AIT are almost exclusively focused on their corporate clients (i.e., on Projetex) at the moment, and so the regular version is in a state of limbo, with annoying little bugs that just never get fixed and feature requests left hanging for years.

Michael
Collapse

Eugene Kuchynski
Eugene Kuchynski
Belarus
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jun 29, 2016

Thanks Michael for the support!

I didn't write here for some time, so here is the latest news:

Time tracking feature:
New time tracking feature allows to save working time periods and then calculate total number of spent hours. Then this number can be used to calculate project total. Workflow: store working periods, add new row into project details table, click a button to load duration, price is loaded automatically and project amount is also calculated in
... See more
Thanks Michael for the support!

I didn't write here for some time, so here is the latest news:

Time tracking feature:
New time tracking feature allows to save working time periods and then calculate total number of spent hours. Then this number can be used to calculate project total. Workflow: store working periods, add new row into project details table, click a button to load duration, price is loaded automatically and project amount is also calculated in auto mode.

Individual scheduler:
This feature was added today. It offers rich functionality and allows to plan your time in many different ways. The new scheduler has a number of different views: Day, Work week, Full week, Week, Month and Timeline. Here is the default look of the new calendar:

It allows to easily add and edit tasks, set duration, labels, locations and reminder. It is also possible to assign any customer to the task (or make it common, without assigning a customer). If to set the customer, than Timeline view will split actions across customers:

There are a number of ways to create a task. You can click on any space, then click an arrow and select "New appointment". Also you can right click in any box and, again, select "New appointment" option. The other way is to select group of boxes and again click "New appointment" - in this case task duration will correspond to the selected period. When the task is created, you can move it on the surface, change its size, colors, etc. Every view allows to change the scale - from 15 mins to 1 hour. On the timeline it's also possible to change the scale - by minutes, hours, months, quarters or years.

Thanks to Michael J.W. Beijer (@michaelbeijer) and Robin Joensuu (@RobinJoensuu) for the idea to create a calendar. This is a great luck to meet you!
Collapse

Eugene Kuchynski
Eugene Kuchynski
Belarus
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
News Jul 13, 2016

Hello again,

We slowly grow. I'm speaking almost to self here, but don't like to leave attempts to attract people from Proz, so I'm sharing latest news again here in this thread

So, what has been added during last 2 weeks since previous message:
- Huge improvements in app performance - about 3 times f
... See more
Hello again,

We slowly grow. I'm speaking almost to self here, but don't like to leave attempts to attract people from Proz, so I'm sharing latest news again here in this thread

So, what has been added during last 2 weeks since previous message:
- Huge improvements in app performance - about 3 times faster
- New article: Working with invoices. It describes the whole invoicing process.
- New video showing the same invoicing workflow: Youtube video
- New feature: Database backup and restore. Allows to save your data and download it in a single file. Then it's possible to restore data from this file, respectively. When desktop version will be released, it will be possible to use this file to load data.
- Added totals in all document lists plus added extensive grouping features in the projects list. Now it's possible to group, create nested groups and get totals for those groups.

Work never stops, I continue to do a lot of things to make the app attractable and useful, and to earn your confidence.

Thanks for reading this all and hope to see some responses.
Collapse

Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel
Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:21
Member (2005)
German to Hebrew
+ ...
Very nice feature Jul 13, 2016

Eugene Kuchynski wrote:

Individual scheduler:
This feature was added today. It offers rich functionality and allows to plan your time in many different ways. The new scheduler has a number of different views: Day, Work week, Full week, Week, Month and Timeline. Here is the default look of the new calendar:

This is a very nice feature. I think it would be better if the app had the option to add the jobs/projects to this schedule automatically, maybe on the date and time of the deadline? This way we will have the information gathered in one place, so that we can plan our schedule better. What do you think?

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

BaccS - Windows-based management and invoicing software for translators

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »