Thread poster: kneyens
kneyens
kneyens
Belgium
Local time: 13:39
French to Dutch
Jul 30, 2019

Hi there,

I am in charge of cleaning up my team's TM (removing duplicates, removing tags etc.). I would like to do this in WFP 3 itself, but the program only lets me retrieve 100 segments at a time. However, our TM is rather big (+600 000). I have tried to change the maximum number, but it just doesn't work.

Right now, I am cleaning up the TM in Excel, but this is rather timeconsuming (and prone to mistakes if you ar not careful).

Does anyone have any ideas
... See more
Hi there,

I am in charge of cleaning up my team's TM (removing duplicates, removing tags etc.). I would like to do this in WFP 3 itself, but the program only lets me retrieve 100 segments at a time. However, our TM is rather big (+600 000). I have tried to change the maximum number, but it just doesn't work.

Right now, I am cleaning up the TM in Excel, but this is rather timeconsuming (and prone to mistakes if you ar not careful).

Does anyone have any ideas how I can more easily clean our big TM? Or how I can make the administration perspective work in WFP 3 properly?

Thank you very much for your help!
Katleen
Collapse

romine
romine
Local time: 13:39
English to German
+ ...
Have the same issue Sep 26, 2019

Hello, I just wanted to ask how you did it in the end? Did you clean the txt itself? I am searching the forums for some pointers for exactly the same issue and noticed that unfortunately, nobody replied to your post.

The translation memory I want to clean has about 50,000 segments and I would love to work with the TM perspective because it has the nifty option of removing all tags, but it just won't work if I ask it to retrieve more than 100 segments at a time, and I can't even mak
... See more
Hello, I just wanted to ask how you did it in the end? Did you clean the txt itself? I am searching the forums for some pointers for exactly the same issue and noticed that unfortunately, nobody replied to your post.

The translation memory I want to clean has about 50,000 segments and I would love to work with the TM perspective because it has the nifty option of removing all tags, but it just won't work if I ask it to retrieve more than 100 segments at a time, and I can't even make it filter the segments in the way that would allow me to jump from the first 100 segments to the next 100 and so on.

We cannot be the only ones with this issue. What does everyone else do? Just open the txt in Excel and do it manually?

[Edited at 2019-09-26 18:34 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Administration Perspective WFP 3

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »