Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Am I the only one who is unimpressed by Wordfast Pro 5.10.0?
Thread poster: Comunican
Comunican
Comunican
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:42
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yet another problem with Wordfast Pro 5.10 Sep 16, 2019

Yet another problem with Wf Pro 5.10: I run the spellchecker and it says there are no spelling mistakes (which I know is untrue because it contains Catalan words which should be picked up). I deliberately put a spelling mistake in and run the spellchecker again. This time it finds the deliberate spelling mistake plus all the Catalan words. But it then goes round and round repeatedly highlighting the same mistakes, even though I have said "Ignore".
Really, this is a substandard release and
... See more
Yet another problem with Wf Pro 5.10: I run the spellchecker and it says there are no spelling mistakes (which I know is untrue because it contains Catalan words which should be picked up). I deliberately put a spelling mistake in and run the spellchecker again. This time it finds the deliberate spelling mistake plus all the Catalan words. But it then goes round and round repeatedly highlighting the same mistakes, even though I have said "Ignore".
Really, this is a substandard release and Wordfast should be doing a better job. A new version should be an IMPROVEMENT!
I've been loyal to Wordfast for over 10 years but I'm going to move to another platform and require a refund if these issues continue.
Collapse

Gld8

Reed James
Reed James
Chile
Local time: 10:42
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
Possible Sep 16, 2019

Wolfgang Schoene wrote:

Reed James wrote:

Remote TM didn't load and I had to shut down and restart. Why? I understand that no software is perfect, but I come up against problems every day, and I paid good money for this software. Will be back with more problems to share.

Hi
as not many WFP5 users seem to have the problems you're complaining about, did you consider the possibility that there's something wrong with your PC setup?

It's possible. But then why is everything else running smoothly? Why is MemoQ not a problem?

Reed James
Reed James
Chile
Local time: 10:42
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
Nothing wrong with my email and web browser Sep 16, 2019

Wolfgang Schoene wrote:

Reed James wrote:

Remote TM didn't load and I had to shut down and restart. Why? I understand that no software is perfect, but I come up against problems every day, and I paid good money for this software. Will be back with more problems to share.

Hi
as not many WFP5 users seem to have the problems you're complaining about, did you consider the possibility that there's something wrong with your PC setup?

Even if there is something wrong with my PC, why didn't you answer my query? My email and web browser work fine and I got an automatic confirmation email from you and I check my spam folder like 5 times a day.

Yet another problem with WF Pro 5 Oct 26, 2019

I completely agree, WF Pro 5 has so many bugs and functionality issues...

The problem Reed James mentions, "not being able to add words to the dictionary during spellcheck", always happens to me as well. It is beyond annoying. (Another improvement they could make in this regard is letting the user add words to the dictionary during translation).

Also, sometimes it takes forever to advance to the next segment, the program just freezes, and the only way I can continue is
... See more
I completely agree, WF Pro 5 has so many bugs and functionality issues...

The problem Reed James mentions, "not being able to add words to the dictionary during spellcheck", always happens to me as well. It is beyond annoying. (Another improvement they could make in this regard is letting the user add words to the dictionary during translation).

Also, sometimes it takes forever to advance to the next segment, the program just freezes, and the only way I can continue is by closing it and then open again (time-consuming and maddening)... then I get a Java error message. This happens to me at least 3-4 times a week (!?).

And of course I agree with many other users who posted here: it is dead slow.
Collapse

Same problem Nov 24, 2019

Reed James wrote:

Wolfgang Schoene wrote:

Reed James wrote:

Hi

Even if there is something wrong with my PC, why didn't you answer my query? My email and web browser work fine and I got an automatic confirmation email from you and I check my spam folder like 5 times a day.

Wolfgang Schoene I do not agree with you. I have exactly the same issue Reed James describes (my PC settings are fine). The only software I run into problems with is Wordfast Pro 5.

Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 16:42
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Same problem Nov 29, 2019

Gld8 wrote:

Reed James wrote:

Wolfgang Schoene wrote:

Reed James wrote:

Hi

Wolfgang Schoene I do not agree with you. I have exactly the same issue Reed James describes (my PC settings are fine). The only software I run into problems with is Wordfast Pro 5.

You not agreeing is fine, but I was just hinting at a possible cause for your problems which I cannot confirm. WFP is far from being perfect, but I cannot complain about stability or Java error messages or speed or else. Maybe the PC version is simply more bug-ridden than the Mac version.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Am I the only one who is unimpressed by Wordfast Pro 5.10.0?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »