Wordfast 5 show 93% of translation completed
Thread poster: azulalonso
azulalonso
azulalonso
Argentina
Local time: 07:03
Sep 14, 2019

Hello everyone!

I just had this problem with Wordfast 5, I finished my translation and the process bar shows only 93% completed, 141 words left. But I finished it and there are no segments that weren't modified and comitted to the TM.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance!

Azul.

Andrzej Mierzejewski
Andrzej Mierzejewski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 12:03
Polish to English
+ ...
Take it easy. Sep 15, 2019

I experienced the same issue several times with Trados showing my translation finished at between 94% and 98% while my clients confirmed 100% finished and no missing or untranslated text. I guess whether software designers are aware of such "work progress report" incompatibilities.

Milan Condak
Milan Condak  Identity Verified
English to Czech
All or unique segments Sep 15, 2019

I think that WFP shows for translation only unique segments, without repetitions (duplicate segments).
Try to count it.

Milan

azulalonso
azulalonso
Argentina
Local time: 07:03
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Sep 15, 2019

Thanks everyone, my project manager had no problem with the file, I guess it was just a glitch or something like that.
Thanks again!

Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
English to German
+ ...
Wordfast 5 show 93% of translation completed Sep 16, 2019

azulalonso wrote:

Hello everyone!

I just had this problem with Wordfast 5, I finished my translation and the process bar shows only 93% completed, 141 words left. But I finished it and there are no segments that weren't modified and comitted to the TM.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance!

Azul.

Hi
this happens very often with WFP5. I understood that as long as not ALL segments are committed and have a purple color, percentage will not show 100 %.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast 5 show 93% of translation completed

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »