Lucia Messuti
Lucia Messuti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 21:00
English to Italian
+ ...
Oct 2, 2019

Hello,
I've just realized it is possible to connect to IATE glossaries directly from Wordfast, but it seems only for Wordfast Anywhere.

Have you ever used it?

Thanks

Stefan Stefanov
Stefan Stefanov  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 22:00
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
IATE for WFP 5.x Oct 30, 2019

You can also connect the IATE glossaries to your stand-alone Wordfast Pro on your computer.

Assuming you already have the desired IATE glossary, first go to WFA and share the IATE glossary like you would share any other glossary or TM:

1. File > TMs and Glossaries or TMs and Glossaries > Settings.
2. Click the Manage Sharing button at the bottom of the new window.
3. Look in the bottom section: My shares with applications such as Wordfast Pro. Click Add.
... See more
You can also connect the IATE glossaries to your stand-alone Wordfast Pro on your computer.

Assuming you already have the desired IATE glossary, first go to WFA and share the IATE glossary like you would share any other glossary or TM:

1. File > TMs and Glossaries or TMs and Glossaries > Settings.
2. Click the Manage Sharing button at the bottom of the new window.
3. Look in the bottom section: My shares with applications such as Wordfast Pro. Click Add.
4. Click Add under Glossaries in the new window.
5. Select the desired glossary in the new window. It will appear in the list on the previous window. Just click Save.
6. You will now see the share in the My shares to applications such as Wordfast Pro section. Just copy the API key.
7. Go to your WFP, open the project you want to use this glossary in, go to the Terminology tab, click Add Remote, go to the WFA tab (last one), enter a name for this glossary and paste the API key.
8. You can click the Test button to see if it's all good.
Collapse

Lucia Messuti
Lucia Messuti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 21:00
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Oct 31, 2019

Thanks for your reply.

I'll try it!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WORDFAST 5 - Connection to IATE glossaries

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »