Jost Zetzsche praises CafeTran for its User-Centric Development
De persoon die dit onderwerp heeft geplaatst: CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Nederland
Local time: 00:56
May 14, 2016

In the latest episode of The Tool Box Journal (Issue 16-5-261), Jost Zetsche writes an interesting story about how CafeTran's developer, Igor Kmitowski, responded to the request of a user who was in need for a better AutoCAD filter:

I've written about CafeTran Espresso a good number of times before as an extremely feature-rich but inexpensive translation environment tool that is run by a developer who is very, very eager to please. The following is a really great illustration of this.

Jost concludes:

Yes, you guessed it, I really love this story. It's exactly how it should be. Now, I know that CafeTran Espresso is not the only tool that has ever done anything like this. Most every developer has one or many stories like that to tell. But since I just stumbled on this one, it seemed a good one to share.
The moral of the story: TALK TO YOUR VENDORS AND DEVELOPERS!

[Edited at 2016-05-14 06:03 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(en) van dit forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Jost Zetzsche praises CafeTran for its User-Centric Development

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »