Erin Riddle
Erin Riddle  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:58
Member (2019)
German to English
+ ...
Apr 20

I was a member of Proz.com a while ago and using Cafe Tran. I just renewed my membership and tried using Cafe Tran again with the software already installed but it is not working. I am translating a document from Spanish into English, and instead of English text in the target text, it has the same Spanish text.

I watched the video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btf_mIIT4f0 (wh
... See more
I was a member of Proz.com a while ago and using Cafe Tran. I just renewed my membership and tried using Cafe Tran again with the software already installed but it is not working. I am translating a document from Spanish into English, and instead of English text in the target text, it has the same Spanish text.

I watched the video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btf_mIIT4f0 (which has no audio for me) and tried checking the box for the Proz.com services, but that was already checked. I unchecked and checked the box, closed the software, re-imported the doc, etc. No success.

Any thoughts?

Also, I am running 10.5 version on Windows 10. Is there any way to upgrade to the most recent version of Cafe Tran?

Thanks,

Erin

[Edited at 2024-04-20 11:11 GMT]
Collapse

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Uninstall? Apr 20

Uninstall the old version and install the newest?

BTW: You need Proz *Plus*!

Erin Riddle
United States
Member (2019)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Alternative to uninstall? Apr 20

I thought of that but was hoping to avoid uninstalling and losing data for still ongoing projects.

I do have the PLUS package- thanks!

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Support ticket Apr 20

Create a support ticket.

Erin Riddle
United States
Member (2019)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Support Ticket Apr 20

Thanks for the tip! How do I do that?

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 23:58
English to Russian
New support ticket Apr 20

Erin Riddle wrote:
How do I do that?
Go to https://www.proz.com/support/my_requests and click the +New support ticket link at the top.

Jean Dimitriadis
Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
ProZ Plus or ProZ standard membership? Apr 20

For a while (during the pandemic), Cafetran was offered for free to paying ProZ members.

Since then, unlimited access is again offered only to ProZ Plus members.

So if you are a standard (non-Plus) ProZ paying member, it is normal you now don't have access to the unlimited version.

If you still want to use CafeTran without limits, ProZ Plus isn't the only option. You can check the Translator Group Buy campai
... See more
For a while (during the pandemic), Cafetran was offered for free to paying ProZ members.

Since then, unlimited access is again offered only to ProZ Plus members.

So if you are a standard (non-Plus) ProZ paying member, it is normal you now don't have access to the unlimited version.

If you still want to use CafeTran without limits, ProZ Plus isn't the only option. You can check the Translator Group Buy campaign - https://www.proz.com/tgb/1493 - or the official Cafetran website.

[Edited at 2024-04-20 18:54 GMT]
Collapse

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Report back Apr 21

Erin Riddle wrote:

Thanks for the tip! How do I do that?

Can you please report back to the forum what the issue was? Thank you in advance!

Nivetha Velupur
Nivetha Velupur  Identity Verified
Canada
Member (2017)
French to English
+ ...
Similar issue May 2

I'm experiencing what might be a similar issue: my Plus membership is set to renew soon and today, I've gotten pop-up notifications that I am using a trial version of CafeTran.
I had initially bought it under group buy and later connected it to my ProZ plus membership.

Muses Inc

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Create a ticket 03:18

Since this requires personal support, you will have to create a support ticket. See above.

Muses Inc
Muses Inc  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 22:58
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
I have the same issue since yesterday: Pop-up tells me to get a licence. 12:44

Since yesterday I have the same issue. Then I could solve it by trying to log on via the mobile network – which usually works. But today I cannot get CafeTran working without getting the pop-up that tells me I must buy a license or use the free version with limited usability.

Screenshot 2024-05-03 at 14.43.06

It happens quite often, actually. But now I cannot fix it. And this worries me.

It worries me because I'll be residing at a place in the next few months, where I'll depend on spotty mobile networks so internet reception won't be always be possible. I hope that won't mean I cannot use CafeTran half of the time, or drive several miles just to get CafeTran working...

Perhaps it is possible to have a system in place with a licence that has an expiration date on it for Plus Members?

My system info
CafeTran product information
Product version: CafeTran Espresso 11.1.1 - Blueberry Cheesecake
Operating system: Mac OS X version 12.7
Java version: 17.0.2 OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM on aarch64

Nivetha Velupur wrote:

I'm experiencing what might be a similar issue: my Plus membership is set to renew soon and today, I've gotten pop-up notifications that I am using a trial version of CafeTran.
I had initially bought it under group buy and later connected it to my ProZ plus membership.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Reactivating Cafe Tran

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »