Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: When are your invoices generally paid?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Bartosz Kurkiewicz
Bartosz Kurkiewicz
Poland
Local time: 21:00
English to Polish
+ ...
. Dec 14, 2023

I really cherish all the clients who pay immediately on getting invoiced. Yes, they are such wonders out there in the wild.

With agency work, it typically goes like this - a collective invoice at the end of the month, paid from 2 weeks to up to 30 days afterwards. (Meaning in extreme cases nearly two months will pass between finishing the job and getting paid). I'm sure a lot of you know and love this, but to cheer myself up I tell myself: hey, at least you're not translating books.

Angie Garbarino
Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:00
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
It is clear what you mean Dec 15, 2023

Baran Keki wrote:

Personally, I've always likened translation to the mafia (I really hope that the Italian colleagues here won't take offence and ask me to explain myself): once you're in, there's no way out!

No worries

Baran Keki

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: When are your invoices generally paid?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »