Yaotl Altan
Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Mexic
Local time: 09:52
Membru (2006)
din engleză în spaniolă
+ ...
Sep 13, 2010

I'd like to sort alphabetically the "Select forum" dialog box in order to make choices easier and faster when browsing the site.

Thank you.

Yaotl Altan
Mexic
Membru (2006)
din engleză în spaniolă
+ ...
INIŢIATORUL SUBIECTULUI
Before and after Sep 14, 2010

Today:

The red ellipse shows us that there's no alphabetical order.

Tomorrow:

The green ellipse is alphabetically sorted and ready to order more fields in the future.

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finlanda
Local time: 18:52
Membru (2003)
din finlandeză în germană
+ ...
Why? Sep 14, 2010

When I go and select a forum, I have no idea how it is called. In any case I must search first the group and then read the subentries. The present order is quite logical.
The entries for non-English fora are already in alphabetical order. There it makes sense.
Regards
Heinrich

Yaotl Altan
Mexic
Membru (2006)
din engleză în spaniolă
+ ...
INIŢIATORUL SUBIECTULUI
Slovenliness Sep 14, 2010

The image given byt that dialog box is not neat if we look at:
- Business of Translation..
- Language studies
- Technical
- CAT Tools...

When I go and select a forum, I have no idea how it is called. In any case I must search first the group and then read the subentries. The present order is quite

Exactly,
... See more
The image given byt that dialog box is not neat if we look at:
- Business of Translation..
- Language studies
- Technical
- CAT Tools...

When I go and select a forum, I have no idea how it is called. In any case I must search first the group and then read the subentries. The present order is quite

Exactly, once these changes are applied, people searching the groups, will find the proper choice faster.
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spania
Local time: 17:52
Membru (2005)
din engleză în spaniolă
+ ...
Colours Sep 14, 2010

Red circle, green circle... I hope they are not broadcasting too many "BEFORE (ugly)... NOW (beautiful)" ads in Mexican TV!

As for the suggestion, I think the topics are so broad, and the list so short, that there would be no big benefit in sorting them. Perhaps people are already used to knowing where they are in the list. I don't see the need to sort them, if you ask me.

Yaotl Altan
Mexic
Membru (2006)
din engleză în spaniolă
+ ...
INIŢIATORUL SUBIECTULUI
Not too logical Sep 14, 2010

Tomás Cano Binder, CT wrote:

Red circle, green circle... I hope they are not broadcasting too many "BEFORE (ugly)... NOW (beautiful)" ads in Mexican TV!

I think graphical examples are far better than verbal rejections.

As for the suggestion, I think the topics are so broad, and the list so short, that there would be no big benefit in sorting them. Perhaps people are already used to knowing where they are in the list. I don't see the need to sort them, if you ask me.

That's not logical. My granfather used to store his screwdrivers in the kitchen, close to the cups. Yes, we in the family, knew where the scredrivers were every time we needed them but that was not their place.

Then, how come we have non-alphabetically sorted items in the Language studies forums, while keeping an alphabetically-sorted Non-English forums

The first image depicts the current status of the Non-English forums:

The second image depicts how it would look if we think there's no big benefit in sorting them:

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Alphabetically sort of "Select forum" dialog box

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »