Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
What makes a good impression on you when working for your translation agency / project manager?
Thread poster: Maya Gorgoshidze
FarkasAndras
FarkasAndras  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:17
English to Hungarian
+ ...
for me Jun 15, 2008

"I made you a project TM" is a sentence I like to hear.
Also, quick communication and a willingness to pester the end client for anything I might need, preferably before I even get involved. Full information about the job early on, full text asap, parallel texts, etc.

Maya Gorgoshidze
Maya Gorgoshidze  Identity Verified
Georgia
Local time: 00:17
Member (2004)
English to Georgian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jun 24, 2008

Hello all,

Thank you for sharing your very interesting considerations with me!

Of course successful cooperation is very important, and the most important is high professionalism and best quality.

Cheers,
Maya

Isabel Tan (X)
Isabel Tan (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:17
English to Spanish
+ ...
As a PM... Aug 15, 2008

...I am humbled by your comments.

I know the last post was written a while ago, but I just had to leave a comment.

I was trained in school to be a translator, but after graduating I got the chance to work with a great company as a PM--and looking at your comments has made me want to tweak some aspects of the way I establish relationships with my fellow linguists.

Thanks for all the input, they're really helpful!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What makes a good impression on you when working for your translation agency / project manager?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »