Ata Arif
Ata Arif  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:35
Kurdish to English
+ ...
Oct 11, 2023

Hi dear colleagues
I am aware that K International has been banned from using Proz.com for some time and many other people have issues with payment from them.
I have been collaborating with them for a very long time (since 2008) and have never before had issues with payment.
now they look like they are out of business but the company has not yet been dissolved or any other legal action taken against them (as far as I can see on the Cpmnay's House website).
my question is,
... See more
Hi dear colleagues
I am aware that K International has been banned from using Proz.com for some time and many other people have issues with payment from them.
I have been collaborating with them for a very long time (since 2008) and have never before had issues with payment.
now they look like they are out of business but the company has not yet been dissolved or any other legal action taken against them (as far as I can see on the Cpmnay's House website).
my question is, are there other people like me who have unpaid invoices from them especially if you are within the UK, and if so, is there any prospect we can get anything from legal action against them/their directors?
if they also owe you money we can get advice or see if we can get anything from them.
I know you go to the court of small claims but that is also not free and if they are bankrupt you may get nothing and lose the fee too.
thank you for your contributions.
Collapse

Zuhal Czuri

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Zea_Mays
Zea_Mays  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 12:35
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
@Ata Oct 11, 2023

On their Blue Board a colleague who was paid made an entry last month, perhaps you could contact her?

@Wilsonn
How are things apart from that??

Ata Arif
expressisverbis
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Oksana Gerasymets
Oksana Gerasymets  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
Same issue Oct 16, 2023

my question is, are there other people like me who have unpaid invoices from them especially if you are within the UK, and if so, is there any prospect we can get anything from legal action against them/their directors?

Yes, I haven't been paid and have been trying to get an answer for a month now.

Ata Arif
Zuhal Czuri

Ata Arif
Ata Arif  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Kurdish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Same issue Oct 16, 2023

thank you for sharing that
could you please email me so that we may find a way to get our money as I am thinking about the court of small claims and already sent them a warning

Zuhal Czuri

Natalie Be
Natalie Be
Canada
Local time: 06:35
French to English
+ ...
I also was not paid Oct 20, 2023

I have outstanding invoices going back to 2021. Their rationale was that they had to wait until they owed me over $100 to pay. They now owe much more than that and I can't get any answers either. Where do we go from here?

Ata Arif
Zuhal Czuri

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

K International looks like to be out of business

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »