Mihretab Solomon Gebru  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 10:52
Member (2021)
English to Tigrinya
+ ...
Dec 1, 2023

Hi everyone,

I have an issue with an unpaid invoice. In May 2023, I completed a translation task for a UK-based translation agency, which I submitted on time and received a purchase order with no issues. On June 07, 2023, I submitted an invoice for the task, but I have yet to receive payment. I reached out to the agency and was informed that they had cash flow issues, but they have since ignored my last two emails. I was hoping you could provide me with some advice on how to handle
... See more
Hi everyone,

I have an issue with an unpaid invoice. In May 2023, I completed a translation task for a UK-based translation agency, which I submitted on time and received a purchase order with no issues. On June 07, 2023, I submitted an invoice for the task, but I have yet to receive payment. I reached out to the agency and was informed that they had cash flow issues, but they have since ignored my last two emails. I was hoping you could provide me with some advice on how to handle this situation. The invoice in question is for $583.

Thank you very much for your kind support.

[Edited at 2023-12-02 12:09 GMT]
Collapse

Lingua 5B
Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
Their score Dec 1, 2023

What’s their Blue Board score like?

Them having cash issues is not your problem.

Maybe first try to communicate your experience on their Blue Board page, where you will be prompted to report “non-payment”, which you also can do. Just explain briefly what happened and add the 1 as a score.

Sometimes this magically works for them to “stop having cash issues” the same day.

Tom in London
mariealpilles
Yolanda Broad
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Mihretab Solomon Gebru
Thayenga
Philip Lees

Mihretab Solomon Gebru
Netherlands
Member (2021)
English to Tigrinya
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Reply Dec 2, 2023

Dear Lingua 5B, thank you for your reply.

Their Blue Board score is 4.8 with 39 entries. And I just made an entry as suggested, and will wait and see.

Thank you

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 09:52
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Mihretab Dec 2, 2023

Do you really mean 2022? I suppose you meant 2023...

Mihretab Solomon Gebru
Netherlands
Member (2021)
English to Tigrinya
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Reply Dec 2, 2023

Hi Maria, thank you for bringing it to my attention. It is 2023 and has been almost six months since I sent them the invoice, sorry for the confusion.

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 09:52
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Mihretab Dec 4, 2023

Unfortunately your "1" won't probably work as, in the meanwhile, the agency has been banned from posting jobs at ProZ.com.

I must say that in the very few cases I had a non-payment issue, Proz staff was very helpful. Have you sent a support ticket?

Lingua 5B
Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
Non-payment tab Dec 4, 2023

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida wrote:

Unfortunately your "1" won't probably work as, in the meanwhile, the agency has been banned from posting jobs at ProZ.com.

I must say that in the very few cases I had a non-payment issue, Proz staff was very helpful. Have you sent a support ticket?

As you enter a 1, you are prompted with a non-payment form to fill in, and it’ll be acknowledged and processed.

Mihretab Solomon Gebru

Mihretab Solomon Gebru
Netherlands
Member (2021)
English to Tigrinya
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Maria @Lingua Dec 4, 2023

Yes, I have submitted a support ticket.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Regarding an Unpaid Invoice

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »