Pointless
Thread poster: Marin Zagorchev
Marin Zagorchev
Marin Zagorchev  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:18
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Jan 3

I suggest the developpers adding an option to delete your own posts and threads in forums and make an easier process to blacklisting non-paying agencies. It looks like this forum is only made for whining with no reslt whatsoever. Like "They didn't pay me for 1 month of work - whine-whine - but I cannot mantion the agency's name - whine-whine." Sorry, it doesn't work for me.

[Edited at 2024-01-03 15:49 GMT]

Dalia Nour
Inge Schumacher
Évariste Willy Noah

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 13:18
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Marin Jan 3

You're not allowed to mention the agency by name in the forum, so you'll have to remove the name and URLs from your post, otherwise the moderators will hide your post.

Marin Zagorchev

Marin Zagorchev
Marin Zagorchev  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:18
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jan 3

Pointless pointless

[Edited at 2024-01-03 15:40 GMT]

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 13:18
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Marin Jan 3

Marin Zagorchev wrote:
I'm still new to forums. But in this case the post is pointless. And they don't seem to allow you delete your own post. How can I do that?

1. You can't delete your own post, no.

2. You can EDIT your own post within 24 hours (click the edit icon at the bottom right of your post).

3. There is a loophole to the "do not mention clients" rule in which you can mention the fact that you have posted a negative Blue Board entry, and it is possible to set your profile settings to show to everyone which Blue Board entries you have made.

So, please, go to the Blue Board, find the agency, and post a "1" rating. Then, go to your profile page's settings here, and change it so that people who visit your profile page can see your Blue Board entries. Then, edit your post and state in it that you posted a Blue Board entry.

Also note: in ProZ.com terminology, "member" means "paying member" and "user" means "non-paying member".

[Edited at 2024-01-03 15:38 GMT]

Yolanda Broad
Inge Schumacher

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Pointless

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »