I want to create a TMX file using bitext2tmx (for use in OmegaT)
Thread poster: raniaelmaraghy
raniaelmaraghy
raniaelmaraghy
Local time: 22:29
English to Arabic
May 7, 2008

Good morning. I want to create a TMX file using bitext2tmx. The package available at http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=157764 contains 8 files. Shall i need to download all of them or the first one only. I need to create a tmx to be used in omegat which i'm trying to seld learn now.
Thanks for ur help.
Rania

[Subject edited by sta
... See more
Good morning. I want to create a TMX file using bitext2tmx. The package available at http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=157764 contains 8 files. Shall i need to download all of them or the first one only. I need to create a tmx to be used in omegat which i'm trying to seld learn now.
Thanks for ur help.
Rania

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-05-07 14:15]
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 21:29
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
The first one May 7, 2008

raniaelmaraghy wrote:
Shall i need to download all of them or the first one only?

The first one should be fine, but you need to have 7-zip installed on your computer to be able to open it. You also need Java on your computer (but if you use OmegaT then you have Java already).

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Right, May 7, 2008

Samuel Murray wrote:
but if you use OmegaT then you have Java already

but if you download OmegaT bundled with JRE, the latter is not installed system-wide. So, I'd get JRE from www.java.com and install it to have Java operating trouble-free.

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
WinRAR May 8, 2008

Samuel Murray wrote:

The first one should be fine, but you need to have 7-zip installed on your computer to be able to open it.

I suppose WinRAR can also extract the archive.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

I want to create a TMX file using bitext2tmx (for use in OmegaT)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »