Thread poster: David Wright
David Wright
David Wright  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 14:31
German to English
+ ...
May 18, 2011

Could anyone explain why when I look up the word "rechengrösse" I get a list of 3,654 results, only one of which seems to contain the word I am looking for, but with others such as Stössel -> Plunger or aye -> oui and masses of others that do not seem to bear any relation to the word I entered? This is happening all the time and can only be overcome by putting the term I need in inverted commas, which seems ridiculous for one-word queries.

Kate Chaffer
Kate Chaffer
Italy
Local time: 14:31
Member (2009)
Italian to English
Recent thread May 18, 2011

http://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_technical_support/198712-serious_search_function_issues.html

Site staff are looking into this apparently. In the meantime, I find searching through Google much easier.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation term search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »