Fourth ProZ.com Translation Contest is underway!
Thread poster: María Florencia Vita
María Florencia Vita
María Florencia Vita
Local time: 22:54
SITE STAFF
Aug 28, 2007

Dear members,

The Fourth ProZ.com Translation Contest is already underway!

Little by little we have been adding source texts in the languages in which members have expressed their interest, to give members more time to submit their entries.

With already five source languages-- English, Spanish, German, Italian and French-- I would like to officially announce that the deadline for the submission phase of this contest is 3 GMT, 12 September. So entries below
... See more
Dear members,

The Fourth ProZ.com Translation Contest is already underway!

Little by little we have been adding source texts in the languages in which members have expressed their interest, to give members more time to submit their entries.

With already five source languages-- English, Spanish, German, Italian and French-- I would like to officially announce that the deadline for the submission phase of this contest is 3 GMT, 12 September. So entries below the threshold for voting are still in time to enter real competition.

You are all invited to make your entries and participate in this translation contest: http://www.proz.com/contests
You can go solo or pair up with a colleague.

Thank you all for the participation and continued support!

Kind regards,
Florencia
Collapse

Hilde Granlund
Hilde Granlund  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 03:54
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Funny source texts, too Aug 28, 2007

Speaking for those I can understand.
I really hope more Norwegian translators will have a go this time, no fun being the only one

Out of pure desperation it might lead me to do a German>English translation, just to feel I am not all alone.... At least that would give you all something to laugh at - and isn't this mostly for fun?
Of course, the "Winner of" badge will be a feather in the cap for whoever wins
... See more
Speaking for those I can understand.
I really hope more Norwegian translators will have a go this time, no fun being the only one

Out of pure desperation it might lead me to do a German>English translation, just to feel I am not all alone.... At least that would give you all something to laugh at - and isn't this mostly for fun?
Of course, the "Winner of" badge will be a feather in the cap for whoever wins it, but taking ourselves too seriously will just cause indigestion.
Collapse

María Florencia Vita
María Florencia Vita
Local time: 22:54
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Fourth ProZ.com Translation Contest update! Sep 7, 2007

Dear members,

The Fourth ProZ.com Translation Contest submission phase is about to close. As announced before, the deadline is 12 September at 3 GMT.

After that date, the qualification round will start. Remember that, starting with this contest, any member who votes negatively on an entry in this round which then turns out to be a winning entry will not be able to vote in the qualification round of future contests. However, they will be able to vote in the final round
... See more
Dear members,

The Fourth ProZ.com Translation Contest submission phase is about to close. As announced before, the deadline is 12 September at 3 GMT.

After that date, the qualification round will start. Remember that, starting with this contest, any member who votes negatively on an entry in this round which then turns out to be a winning entry will not be able to vote in the qualification round of future contests. However, they will be able to vote in the final round of each contest.

This time around, when the qualification phase is over and the final voting round starts, users will be able to vote. They will need to fulfill two requirements to be able to do so:

• At least one month registered as a site user

• At least six out of the ten required fields complete in their profile updater

• Hope to see you all around!

Kind regards,
    Florencia
    Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
    Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Fourth ProZ.com Translation Contest is underway!

TM-Town
    Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
    CafeTran Espresso
    You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »