Thread poster: Antje Schadebrodt
Antje Schadebrodt
Antje Schadebrodt  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:29
French to German
+ ...
Sep 24, 2003

Hi,

How do I count words in FrameMaker 5.5? I did a wordcount with IBM Translation Manager but it gets me about 20,000 words whereas the client's said something about 10,000. I also tried to import the mif-file into DVX but the import never finishes it just gets stuck half way through.

I did not try Trados 5.5 because I did not upgrade Workspace when I upgraded Workbench from Version 3.0 and I cannot find the file right now I need for this upgrade.

Is there
... See more
Hi,

How do I count words in FrameMaker 5.5? I did a wordcount with IBM Translation Manager but it gets me about 20,000 words whereas the client's said something about 10,000. I also tried to import the mif-file into DVX but the import never finishes it just gets stuck half way through.

I did not try Trados 5.5 because I did not upgrade Workspace when I upgraded Workbench from Version 3.0 and I cannot find the file right now I need for this upgrade.

Is there another possibility? The file is quite big (50 MB).

Thank your for any hint.

Best regards,
Antje
Collapse

LogiCaf
LogiCaf  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 10:29
English to French
WordCount Sep 24, 2003

From the File menu, click Utilities, Document Reports... and select WordCount.
Hope this helps

Antje Schadebrodt wrote:

Hi,

Is there another possibility? The file is quite big (50 MB).

Thank your for any hint.

Best regards,
Antje

Antje Schadebrodt
Antje Schadebrodt  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:29
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Sep 24, 2003

LogiCaf wrote:

From the File menu, click Utilities, Document Reports... and select WordCount.
Hope this helps

Thank you very much. Found it. This function even suggests 28,000 words. Someone must be counting wrong

Best regards,
Antje

Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:29
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Use function "Document Reports" in FM Sep 24, 2003

Antje Schadebrodt wrote:
How do I count words in FrameMaker 5.5? Antje

Open your FrameMaker file, next go to:

File > Utilities > Document Reports > (select:) WordCount > Run

that\'s all!

Regards
Clarisa Moraña

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Counting words in FrameMaker

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »