Bernadette Mora  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:17
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 15, 2005

Hello everybody

First of all, I have a Pentium IV, 512 Mb, Windows XP

I received this evening a .htm.ttx already translated using Tag Editor that I should review for tomorrow. I can open the file from my e-mail but when I want it to save it in word, I get the following message:

The DTD settings file (descriptive name "Default HTML settings") for this document cannot be found. Last time this document was saved, the settings files was: C:\Program Files\Trados
... See more
Hello everybody

I received this evening a .htm.ttx already translated using Tag Editor that I should review for tomorrow. I can open the file from my e-mail but when I want it to save it in word, I get the following message:

The DTD settings file (descriptive name "Default HTML settings") for this document cannot be found. Last time this document was saved, the settings files was: C:\Program Files\Trados\T5_FL\TT\Html4.ini
Would you like to locate it now and add it to the existing DTD settings files list?

Then I press "No" and I can't open the file, of course. If I say yes, then the file is completely changed. It is the first time I proofread a .htm.ttx, normally I translate .htm files using TagEditor and I have no trouble at all.
How could I fix it?

Thank you for your assistance.

Cheers

Bernadette
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
...in Word? Why? Feb 15, 2005

Hi Bernadette,

Thanks - which version of Trados do you use?

Why would you want to use Word for a TTX file?

The DTD settings file (descriptive name "Default HTML settings") for this document cannot be found. Last time this document was saved, the settings files was: C:\Program Files\Trados\T5_FL\TT\Html4.ini
Would you like to locate it now and add it to the existing DTD settings files list?

Are you still using T5 Freelance?

Do you happen to know which version of TagEditor was used to create the TTX? (If you don't, please open the .ttx file with a text editor, and search for CreationToolVersion - the TagEditor version is right next to that.) I'm not sure, but TagEditor 5.x might have problems with a .ttx file created in 6.5.5, for example.

Best regards,
Ralf

Bernadette Mora
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I can't open a .htm.ttx file Feb 15, 2005

Hi Ralf

First of all, thank you very much for your quick answer.
I have Trados 6.5 freelance.
Sorry, I didn't mean "Word" but one of my personal folders in my computer.
I'll try to find out which version was used to perform the revision. However, all this seems a bit strange...

Cheers

Bernadette

Bernadette Mora
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trying to open the file desperately... Feb 15, 2005

I have been trying to open the file to see the TagEditor version but I always get the same message:

What can I do???

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Two different versions of Trados? Feb 16, 2005

Hi again,
Sorry, but I didn't see your response until this morning.

I have Trados 6.5 freelance.

C:\Program Files\Trados\T5_FL\TT\Html4.ini

The location of the correct file should be the T65_FL\TT folder, so I would suggest to select the one in there.

Assuming that you are using T5 and T6.5 in parallel (which, BTW, is not recommended), you must make sure to register each version before using it (Start - Programs - Trados 6.5 FL - Register Trados 6.5 FL).

HTH, Ralf

Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Different versions Feb 16, 2005

Ralf Lemster wrote:

C:\Program Files\Trados\T5_FL\TT\Html4.ini

The location of the correct file should be the T65_FL\TT folder, so I would suggest to select the one in there.

Assuming that you are using T5 and T6.5 in parallel (which, BTW, is not recommended), you must make sure to register each version before using it (Start - Programs - Trados 6.5 FL - Register Trados 6.5 FL).

HTH, Ralf

I'm not sure, but I don't think that Bernadette is using both versins in parallel. The document was probably created by somebody who is using Trados 5 and the location of the .ini file was saved with the document.

Bernadette, you should just add the .ini file to the TagEditor configuration, so press Yes and find the file in the location mentioned by Ralf. If that doesn't work (you said the document was completely changed - what do you mean by that?), maybe you will have to ask for the .ini file that the document was originally created with. But I'm just guessing here...

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Possible Feb 16, 2005

Good morning, Hynek,
I'm not sure, but I don't think that Bernadette is using both versins in parallel. The document was probably created by somebody who is using Trados 5 and the location of the .ini file was saved with the document.

Good point! That's why I asked Bernadette to check the version inside the TTX file.

Bernadette, you should just add the .ini file to the TagEditor configuration, so press Yes and find the file in the location mentioned by Ralf.

Well, the default .ini for HTML should be in the TE configuration by default - assuming your assumption is correct, and Bernadette isn't using T5, she wouldn't have the old .ini...

Cheers, Ralf

Bernadette Mora
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Finally I managed to open the file Feb 17, 2005

Dear Ralf,
Dear Hynek,

Ralf: thanks for your continous assistance.
Hynek: thanks for your feedback.

Finally, I could open the file. I converted the file into [1][1].htm.ttx and I was able to open it. Don't ask me how because it was the mail that coverted it and not me, I mean, when I opened the file from my e-mail (hotmail), I had the option to save it like this.
Cheers,

Bernadete

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Some e-mail clients interfere with .ttx files Feb 17, 2005

Hi again,
Thanks for the additional info. TTX is an XML-based format; as a result, some e-mail clients (including the one integrated in MSIE) 'recognise' TTX files as XML and try to save them as .xml. I have had problems with that, so we usually zip TTX files before sending them.

Best regards,
Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I can't open a .htm.ttx file

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »