Valentina Cafiero  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 14:40
Member (2005)
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Apr 29, 2005

Hi,

An agency sent me a multiterm to work on, but the files appear unrecognized. There are 12 files in total, an mtw, one LOK, three MTA and Trados index files. Probably they were created with a version different than mine. I have trados 6 (build 309). When I worked on it in the past, the agency sent me a xdt file and I imported it

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
MT 5.x files Apr 29, 2005

Hi,
Looks like the termbase you got is a MT5.x database - provided that you're using MTiX 6.2.0.267 or higher, use MT Convert to generate an .xdt definition and .xml import file.

Best, Ralf

Valentina Cafiero
Valentina Cafiero  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2005)
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
help Apr 29, 2005

My multiterm is: 6.0.2.231 (238).
How can I convert it in xdt?
Please help me.
Thanks,

Valentina

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Conversion tool Apr 29, 2005

Hi again,
This version of MTiX was replaced with the 2003 Summer Release (which, at the time, was free). IIRC the conversion tool provided with MT 6.0.x also supported .mtw files. Since I started using MTiX with build 267, I cannot test that, unfortunately.

Best, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with multiterm

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »