Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:53
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Jul 25, 2023

Just a warning: if you are listed in the ATA directory, please check what information is displayed about you when someone is searching the directory.
I found out today by accident that all of my info (cellphone number and full address) that I specifically marked as not to be displayed was on full display in the directory search.
Went to the "Update your online directory profile" page, and then to View/Update your published profile, and I saw that none of the checkboxes under "Pleas
... See more
Just a warning: if you are listed in the ATA directory, please check what information is displayed about you when someone is searching the directory.
I found out today by accident that all of my info (cellphone number and full address) that I specifically marked as not to be displayed was on full display in the directory search.
Went to the "Update your online directory profile" page, and then to View/Update your published profile, and I saw that none of the checkboxes under "Please do not include the following items in my directory profile:" were checked.

When I renewed in the middle of January, I definitely checked them. It seems that all the checkmarks were cleared sometime after January. I am not sure whether this is connected to the problems they had with their membership database this spring.

So, check your contact info, public profile settings, and make sure what you consider private is actually private.
Collapse

Sohair Derbalah
texjax DDS PhD

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ATA directory displays data that is supposed to be hidden

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »