Thread poster: Martin Fernandez Cufre
Martin Fernandez Cufre
Martin Fernandez Cufre  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 13:38
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 23, 2016

Hi, I've been using Wordfast for a while and just recently noticed the development of version 4 and downloaded the preview. It looks nice, I prefer this look, but it's hard to use with high DPI screens. Right now I have a resolution of 3200x1800 and it looks bad when scaled (default behavior). If I use the compatibility switch to disable high DPI scaling, it looks very good, but popup windows (preferences, etc) are unusable. Hope this is fixed when the final version comes out!

Also,
... See more
Hi, I've been using Wordfast for a while and just recently noticed the development of version 4 and downloaded the preview. It looks nice, I prefer this look, but it's hard to use with high DPI screens. Right now I have a resolution of 3200x1800 and it looks bad when scaled (default behavior). If I use the compatibility switch to disable high DPI scaling, it looks very good, but popup windows (preferences, etc) are unusable. Hope this is fixed when the final version comes out!

Also, using WFP 3 in high DPI is not also a pleasure. Any recommendations for this?

Thanks!

Martin

PS: By "not a pleasure" I mean this:

[Editado a las 2016-04-23 18:22 GMT]
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 14:38
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Have you selected font size? Apr 24, 2016

I do not quite understand why the view is not "nice". Because the cells are too big and too few? Have your tried to reduce font size? Edit - Preferences - Appearance - colors and fonts.

Reginaldo Francisco
Reginaldo Francisco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 08:38
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Try WFP 4.7.0 RC2 Apr 24, 2016

Hi Martin,

WFP 4.7.0 RC2 version solved a severe issue I have had for a long time with WFP4 display on a large monitor. It might be worth trying it to see if it solves your resolution issue too. Join the beta group to get the link for do
... See more
Hi Martin,

WFP 4.7.0 RC2 version solved a severe issue I have had for a long time with WFP4 display on a large monitor. It might be worth trying it to see if it solves your resolution issue too. Join the beta group to get the link for download: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/WFP4_beta/conversations/topics/403;_ylc=X3oDMTMzcjI1bWNtBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzg3ODkzNTExBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAwNzE4MQRtc2dJZAM0MDMEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDdnRwYwRzdGltZQMxNDYxMzM1Mzc1BHRwY0lkAzQwMw--
Collapse

Martin Fernandez Cufre
Martin Fernandez Cufre  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 13:38
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Apr 24, 2016

Heinrich Pesch wrote:

I do not quite understand why the view is not "nice". Because the cells are too big and too few? Have your tried to reduce font size? Edit - Preferences - Appearance - colors and fonts.

Heinrich, it's clearly not a matter of life and death, it can be used, but aesthetically it's annoying and sometimes functionally also. Icons are micro. Also, the function of attempting to anticipate which word you are writing, showing a small window near the cursor, is now showing a micro square without any readable text inside. Popup windows have to be resized always. And that mixture of sizes, wrongly sized headers, etc produces an aesthetically annoying effect.

In general Windows is OK, I like it and I like the sharpness of high DPI screens, but Windows' inability to manage high DPI correctly in many apps is an issue. And software publishers should address the issue, since more and more people are getting high res displays around 1920x1080 and higher.

Thanks for the comment. And yes, I'm working with font sizes but it doesn't fix the general situation although it helps with the translation area.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WFP 4.6 and 3 -- High DPI screens

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »