Install document to target section in wordfast anywhere?
Thread poster: Bülent Avcı
Bülent Avcı
Bülent Avcı
Türkiye
Local time: 16:40
English to Turkish
+ ...
Nov 13, 2016

Hello,
Is it possible to upload a document to the target section? I have a pdf (source) and a msword doc (target) and I want to upload them into wordfast anywhere to revise.

Thanks.

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
No Nov 13, 2016

No, you can't. There is no target section. You probably should align the document to produce a translation memory and re-translate / review the source file using the TM.

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:40
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Why use a CAT? Nov 13, 2016

There may well be a good reason - I use my CAT in a very limited way, the only way I know. But if there's no source, there's no TM, surely. Wouldn't Word's Track Changes function do the job in a simpler way?

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Reason is simple Nov 13, 2016

The reason is pretty simple: you'll produce a TM that will be used for future translations or reviews. Besides, most CAT tools present (and can export) translation projects in a fashion such as a bilingual table that is better for reviewing as you are not distracted by formatting / layout peculiarities.

Bülent Avcı
Bülent Avcı
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Nov 14, 2016

Thanks for the replies. I have the source file and the translated text. I have the revise it. I can upload the source file to WFA. Can I also upload the translated text to the right side of so I can revise easily.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1-eCH_iCC11MVk1dVctc2hmSWc/view

[Edited at 2016-11-14 07:53 GMT]

Platary (X)
Platary (X)
Local time: 15:40
German to French
+ ...
A MS Word table? Nov 14, 2016

bulentavci a écrit :

I have the source file and the translated text. I have the revise it. I can upload the source file to WFA. Can I also upload the translated text to the right side of so I can revise easily.

I'm afraid you cannot do it with WFA, but why not use a simple table in MS Word with two columns? Or to display the two files side-by side?

Another way you could align the two files and work with the output file (two columns).

Regards

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Install document to target section in wordfast anywhere?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »