Transit Satellite PE crashed and project files disappeared!!!
Inițiatorul discuției: María San Raimundo Vega
María San Raimundo Vega
María San Raimundo Vega  Identity Verified
Spania
Local time: 01:30
Membru (2007)
din engleză în spaniolă
+ ...
Aug 24, 2009

Hello everyone,
I am having very strange problems with Transit Satellite PE version 3...
First of all excuse my ignorance since I have used Transit a few times and don't know much about it's advanced features.
What happened was as follows:
I was using the search and replace tool in a project consisting of some 20 files. It suddenly crashed (did not note down the error code ...) and when I restarted it all the files in the project had disappeared!! just like that!!! I had
... See more
Hello everyone,
I am having very strange problems with Transit Satellite PE version 3...
First of all excuse my ignorance since I have used Transit a few times and don't know much about it's advanced features.
What happened was as follows:
I was using the search and replace tool in a project consisting of some 20 files. It suddenly crashed (did not note down the error code ...) and when I restarted it all the files in the project had disappeared!! just like that!!! I had to start all over, and this time I did some "backup" files, or what I thought could work as a backup file, that is, I made txf files as if the project was finished and ready to send, hoping that I would be able to save changes in the files if it crashed again. And it has crahsed again. The txf backup files do not seem to work, although it may just be that I don't know how to retrieve the info... How can the files just desappear?

Did this happen to anyone before? Does anybody know if I can retrieve the info somehow or at least how to save future changes in case this thing keeps crashing?

thanks a lot in advance for your help,

Maríalullaby
Collapse

Attila Piróth
Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
Franţa
Utilizator
din engleză în maghiară
+ ...
txf file is practically a zip file Aug 25, 2009

Hi María,

The txf file is practically a zip file, so you can open it with WinZip or a similar program to retrieve the target-language files (filename.esp).

You can then reopen the pxf file received from your client, and overwrite the .esp files with the ones unzipped from the txf file -- so you can continue to work.

I would also advise you to search the project folder; you may well find the lost files there. The file search utility of Windows is usually s
... See more
Hi María,

The txf file is practically a zip file, so you can open it with WinZip or a similar program to retrieve the target-language files (filename.esp).

You can then reopen the pxf file received from your client, and overwrite the .esp files with the ones unzipped from the txf file -- so you can continue to work.

I would also advise you to search the project folder; you may well find the lost files there. The file search utility of Windows is usually sufficient for that.

Finally, try to note down the error code; fixing this annoying problem will save you a lot of timle in the future. It may be due to some incompatibility with other programs (see http://www.proz.com/forum/transit_support/125351-transit_30_smart:_fuzzy_window_freezes.html ). Reinstalling Transit may sometimes help.

Kind regards,
Attila
Collapse

María San Raimundo Vega
María San Raimundo Vega  Identity Verified
Spania
Membru (2007)
din engleză în spaniolă
+ ...
INIŢIATORUL SUBIECTULUI
It worked! Aug 25, 2009

Hi Attila
thank you so much! it worked and saved me loads of extra work (not to mention meeting the deadline!)
thanks
María

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderatorii acestui forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transit Satellite PE crashed and project files disappeared!!!

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »