Thread poster: huutsch
huutsch
huutsch
Local time: 22:01
German to English
+ ...
Apr 3, 2011

Hi everybody,

I have finally received my new PC and now I would like to install Transit XV and transfer all necessary data from my old PC to the new one.

When I first tried it, Transit gave my the dreaded "Recover Working Folder" window, because it could not find the necessary files.

I usually do not use the preset path Transit suggest when determining the folder for the files, but I rather put the Transit Working Folder in my project's folder.

... See more
Hi everybody,

I have finally received my new PC and now I would like to install Transit XV and transfer all necessary data from my old PC to the new one.

When I first tried it, Transit gave my the dreaded "Recover Working Folder" window, because it could not find the necessary files.

I usually do not use the preset path Transit suggest when determining the folder for the files, but I rather put the Transit Working Folder in my project's folder.

What do I have to do so that Transit finds the files?

Will I have to create the Working Folder anew for _every_ project I have done so far?????

Or is there a workaround?

Thanks for all answers in advance!

Michael
Collapse

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
starte.ini Apr 3, 2011

Try to edit the working folder in the starte.ini file (search for it with a file search tool in the Transit installation folder.

Roberto Bertuol
Roberto Bertuol  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:01
Member (2007)
Italian to English
+ ...
Transit XV: transferring project files and configuration to another PC Apr 3, 2011

Hello,
first install Transit XV on your new PC (as you have already done), then copy the following folders from your former PC under (assuming your drive is C) C:\Program Files\Transit XV:
- Config
- DB
- Projects
Paste the above folders under C:\Program Files\Transit XV. This will overwrite the existing folders created during the installation with your configuration files, your TermStar, and your Projects.

Hopes this helps.
Roberto Bertuol
... See more
Hello,
first install Transit XV on your new PC (as you have already done), then copy the following folders from your former PC under (assuming your drive is C) C:\Program Files\Transit XV:
- Config
- DB
- Projects
Paste the above folders under C:\Program Files\Transit XV. This will overwrite the existing folders created during the installation with your configuration files, your TermStar, and your Projects.

Hopes this helps.
Roberto Bertuol

robertobertuol.com
Collapse

huutsch
huutsch
Local time: 22:01
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
starte.ini does not work, another question Apr 4, 2011

Hello and thanks to you both!

@Hans: The starte.ini does not give information as to the Working Folder. Only fonts and stuff

@Roberto: The problem is that I have not saved the Transit files of certain projects (DEU, ENG, BAS, MTS, MTX, SUB) in the Transit folder, but rather in the folder which I have created for my customer, under "Own Files".
So if I follow your suggestion, I would have to copy th
... See more

@Hans: The starte.ini does not give information as to the Working Folder. Only fonts and stuff

@Roberto: The problem is that I have not saved the Transit files of certain projects (DEU, ENG, BAS, MTS, MTX, SUB) in the Transit folder, but rather in the folder which I have created for my customer, under "Own Files".
So if I follow your suggestion, I would have to copy those files on the new PC under the same path, correct?
But would not Transit give me the "I can't find the files, they are not where they were last time, I want to create a new (or the old) Working Folder, and if you will not let me do that, I will stop working for you. And you cannot change this setting, nah-nah-na-na-nah") message?

Regards,

Michael
Collapse

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
starte.ini Apr 4, 2011

huutsch wrote:

Regards,

Michael

Sure it does:

[PATHS]
PROJECTS=C:\Dropbox\Prj\Client\New

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transit XV: How do I transfer everything from my old PC to my new PC

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »