Translating SDL project files / translating SDLPPX
Thread poster: Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Feb 28, 2012

Currently STAR AG is developing an SDL filter.

Meanwhile, when you receive an SDLPPX file and don't want to downgrade to SDL Studio, you can do the following:

- Rename .SDLPPX to .ZIP.

- Take out the .SDLXLIFF files.

- Open them as XLIFF projects (Receive them) in Transit NXT.

- Translate

Last week I received such an SDLPPX file and extracted the
... See more
Currently STAR AG is developing an SDL filter.

Meanwhile, when you receive an SDLPPX file and don't want to downgrade to SDL Studio, you can do the following:

- Rename .SDLPPX to .ZIP.

- Take out the .SDLXLIFF files.

- Open them as XLIFF projects (Receive them) in Transit NXT.

- Translate

Last week I received such an SDLPPX file and extracted the translatable content. CafeTran and Transit weren't able to receive the SDLXLIFF files, however.

It turned out that SDL didn't stick to the XLIFF standard and their .DOC filter created some (many) illegal characters. I was told that their .DOCX filter is better in this regard, so keep this in mind when asking for SDLXLIFF files. Also ask the sender to copy all source segments to target segments in Studio, prior to saving the SDLXLIFF.

I hope STAR will come with a solution to load several SDLXLIFF files globally (together, in one view).
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating SDL project files / translating SDLPPX

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »