What exactly is it, that makes term pair entry slow?
Thread poster: Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Mar 8, 2012

I'm still looking for the reason why exactly adding a new term pair is sloooooow (even on a very fast computer) and gets slower after having added a couple of thousands of new term pairs on the fly to a newly created MDB.

I now have the Access MDB in RAM. Changing an existing term pair is very fast, so is compacting. This might lead to the conclusion that it is not the DB per se that causes the delay.

Via MultiUserBGS=1 I've made sure that only the active and the follow
... See more
I'm still looking for the reason why exactly adding a new term pair is sloooooow (even on a very fast computer) and gets slower after having added a couple of thousands of new term pairs on the fly to a newly created MDB.

I now have the Access MDB in RAM. Changing an existing term pair is very fast, so is compacting. This might lead to the conclusion that it is not the DB per se that causes the delay.

Via MultiUserBGS=1 I've made sure that only the active and the following segments are taken into account. (Term search only works in the active segment.)

After I've added a new term pair, I have to wait several seconds before I can continue. This might not seem a long pause, but since I add new term pairs in nearly every segment ... I'm faster than my computer (newest iMac with 16 GB RAM, SSD and Core i7).

In which direction should I be looking?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What exactly is it, that makes term pair entry slow?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »