Ana Salotti
Ana Salotti
Australia
Local time: 12:40
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 18, 2015

Hello!

I am a relatively new to Transit NXT, and I am having a new problem with the Export button in Transit NXT. I recently upgraded from Freelance to Professional version, and now I can't export a translation into the original format of the original file. The button is greyed out.

I receive a .ppf package from the client, and I create my own project, and then import the .ppf package they sent. I can pack and unpack projects, pack and unpack translations, but I can't
... See more
Hello!

I am a relatively new to Transit NXT, and I am having a new problem with the Export button in Transit NXT. I recently upgraded from Freelance to Professional version, and now I can't export a translation into the original format of the original file. The button is greyed out.

I receive a .ppf package from the client, and I create my own project, and then import the .ppf package they sent. I can pack and unpack projects, pack and unpack translations, but I can't export. What am I doing wrong now?

Any help whatsoever will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a bunch!!

Ana
Collapse

oerjan
oerjan
Local time: 04:40
German to Swedish
export depends on settings May 19, 2015

Hi,
When creating a PPF file there are settings that decide whether the receiving part will be able to export or not.
You should ask your client to tick the box that will include the COD files in the package, then it should be possible.
BR,
Örjan

Btw, you do not need to create a project before unpacking the PPF.

wotswot
wotswot  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 04:40
Member (2011)
French to English
Export button greyed out May 19, 2015

Hi Ana,

You're not doing anything wrong. This can happen if the person who prepared the .PPF didn't export before preparing the package (i.e. .cod file missing or corrupt). This is usually due to missing markups, often because the pre-translation process (if chosen in settings) inserts 100% matching segments that don't necessarily contain the same markups.

In general I always run a format check (or export source) before starting a translation or preparing a .ppf to iden
... See more
Hi Ana,

You're not doing anything wrong. This can happen if the person who prepared the .PPF didn't export before preparing the package (i.e. .cod file missing or corrupt). This is usually due to missing markups, often because the pre-translation process (if chosen in settings) inserts 100% matching segments that don't necessarily contain the same markups.

In general I always run a format check (or export source) before starting a translation or preparing a .ppf to identify and correct such segments. I'm in SP7, I don't know if this issue has been addressed in SP8.

Richard
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Export issue with Transit NXT Professional

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »