How to run QA for Same Target but Different Source?
Thread poster: Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Sep 3, 2022

I have created an EN > NL Excel test project to evaluate the QA for Same Target but Different Source in Transit NXT. You can download the table and an XLIFF here: https://bit.ly/3KJQoW3

BTW: Is there a way to import bilingual Excel tables in Transit NXT (first column=source, second column=target)?

Here you can set the relevant QA options:

The QA report is interactive (click on an error in the tree (left) to navigate to the relevant segment in the language pair (right):

Left:
left

Right:
right

Iris Kleinophorst
Iris Kleinophorst  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:38
Chinese to German
+ ...
Click on the downward arrow Sep 3, 2022

Hi Hans,

if I click on the downward arrow next to "Translation and source variants", I get the option to choose either translation variants, source variants or both. I usually select both (as in your picture) and will have both displayed in the report window, one on top of the other, first the translation variants, then the source variants. Or isn't that your question?

As the translation variants are greyed out in your report, obviously there were no translation variant
... See more
Hi Hans,

if I click on the downward arrow next to "Translation and source variants", I get the option to choose either translation variants, source variants or both. I usually select both (as in your picture) and will have both displayed in the report window, one on top of the other, first the translation variants, then the source variants. Or isn't that your question?

As the translation variants are greyed out in your report, obviously there were no translation variants found in your translation.

Best regards
Iris

[Edited at 2022-09-03 09:14 GMT]

[Edited at 2022-09-03 09:16 GMT]
Collapse

Hans Lenting

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to run QA for Same Target but Different Source?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »