Poll: What is your main time-management style as a translator or interpreter?
دھاگا پوسٹ کرنے والے: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
سائٹ اسٹاف
Sep 29

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "What is your main time-management style as a translator or interpreter?".

View the poll results »



 
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
پرتگال
Local time: 00:23
رکن (2007)
پرتگالیسےانگریزی
+ ...
Hybrid Sep 29

First of all, these days, I’d love to have to manage multiple projects at the same time. Some time ago, when that was the norm, I would first of all break large projects down into sections to be completed each day. After that, I would tackle whatever was most urgent.

Angie Garbarino
 
Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
جرمنی
Local time: 01:23
رکن (2009)
جرمنسےانگریزی
+ ...
Urgency has priority Sep 29

Which ever project is the most urgent one will be completed first. If there is no urgency such as deadlines, I just work on the one that suits me best first, then let the others follow.

 
Geddy Sokolowsky
Geddy Sokolowsky
برازیل
Local time: 20:23
رکن (Sep 2026)
پرتگالیسےانگریزی
+ ...
Order by deadline Sep 29

I try to order my tasks by deadline, which means the most urgent ones come first. I personally prefer to focus on one job at a time so I don't lose my groove, but of course that's not always possible. Sometimes a task with a shorter deadline comes up while I'm still working on a larger one, and it takes priority. Having more than one big project at a given time is a bit scarier, but breaking them down into sections alleviates that, especially when you already have a good idea of how long you can... See more
I try to order my tasks by deadline, which means the most urgent ones come first. I personally prefer to focus on one job at a time so I don't lose my groove, but of course that's not always possible. Sometimes a task with a shorter deadline comes up while I'm still working on a larger one, and it takes priority. Having more than one big project at a given time is a bit scarier, but breaking them down into sections alleviates that, especially when you already have a good idea of how long you can take with each. ▲ Collapse


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

اس فورم کے موڈریٹر
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: What is your main time-management style as a translator or interpreter?






Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »