Off topic: Receiving job notifications
دھاگا پوسٹ کرنے والے: Gregor Trebec
Gregor Trebec
Gregor Trebec
سلووینیا
Local time: 13:54
سلوویائیسےانگریزی
+ ...
Jun 25

Hi,

I am receiving job notifications at 5 AM, on Sunday afternoon and on state country's holiday. I think it is just breaking ba***. What do you think?


 
Sergei Leshchinsky
Sergei Leshchinsky  Identity Verified
یوکرین
Local time: 14:54
رکن (2008)
روسیسےانگریزی
+ ...
Industry works 24/7 Jun 25



 
Zea_Mays
Zea_Mays  Identity Verified
اٹلی
Local time: 13:54
جرمنسےانگریزی
+ ...
help people understand Jun 26

What are you referring to - ProZ notifications? Large LSP platforms run 24/7? Other?
(5 AM and bank holidays are local info, they don't apply globally, and in other cultures even Sunday is not a holiday.)


 
Lieven Malaise
Lieven Malaise  Identity Verified
بیلجیئم
Local time: 13:54
رکن (2020)
ڈچسےفرانسیسی
+ ...
Game Jun 26

At this point I'm really puzzled about your intentions here, Gregor. You ignore every advice you are given, you seem to be astonishingly unaware of things you definitely should be aware of as a freelance translator and you regularly come up with the weirdest statements/questions. What's your game?

ipv
Ridvan Ali Patat
 
Lingua 5B
Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
بوسنیا اور ہرزیگووینا
Local time: 13:54
فرانسیسیسےانگریزی
+ ...
And? Jun 26

Gregor Trebec wrote:

Hi,

I am receiving job notifications at 5 AM, on Sunday afternoon and on state country's holiday. I think it is just breaking ba***. What do you think?


So? You don’t have to do anything about it, and you can also turn off notifications.


Maria Laura Curzi
 
Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
نیدر لینڈ
Local time: 13:54
رکن (2006)
افریکانسسےانگریزی
+ ...
No opinion Jun 26

Gregor Trebec wrote:
I think it is just breaking ba***. What do you think?

I don't know what the asterisked word is, so I can't really give an opinion.

Are you getting notifications on your cellphone? Do you get notifications on your cellphone for all incoming emails? There may be a setting in your email that turns off notifications for certain types of messages.


Maria Laura Curzi
 
Gregor Trebec
Gregor Trebec
سلووینیا
Local time: 13:54
سلوویائیسےانگریزی
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Well Jul 22

Not only that. My notifications come only when I exit my home.

 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

اس فورم کے موڈریٹر
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Receiving job notifications






CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
LinguaCore
AI Translation at Your Fingertips

The underlying LLM technology of LinguaCore offers AI translations of unprecedented quality. Quick and simple. Add a human linguistic review at the end for expert-level quality at a fraction of the cost and time.

More info »