What files are used for a preview?
Thread poster: Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Jul 11, 2022

What files are actually used for a preview (in the Preview pane) of an XML project with a custom XML file type?

The SDLXLIFF files are generated by an authoring system.

The WorldServer package contains a folder with HTML files.

Are these files used for the preview of the source and the on-the-fly preview of the target files?

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 21:40
English to Russian
Who knows... It never worked :D Jul 11, 2022

Over all 13 years of Studio I hardly ever used the preview feature because it never worked as I expected it to work. I don't think that mere users have an idea on this matter.

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jul 11, 2022

Thanks for your reply, and all the best to you, Stepan!

Personally, I'm not interested in a real-time preview of the target file.

I have enough imagination and knowledge to imagine (know) what the target file will look like when I make changes to (= translate) the source segments.

For now, I have extracted the HTML files, loaded them in Brave browser and find the segments where I have doubts (about the case etc.) via a macro.

It is still strang
... See more
Thanks for your reply, and all the best to you, Stepan!

Personally, I'm not interested in a real-time preview of the target file.

I have enough imagination and knowledge to imagine (know) what the target file will look like when I make changes to (= translate) the source segments.

For now, I have extracted the HTML files, loaded them in Brave browser and find the segments where I have doubts (about the case etc.) via a macro.

It is still strange that the images aren't present in the .wsxz files ...
Collapse

Stepan Konev

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What files are used for a preview?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »