Thread poster: luiya
luiya
luiya
Romania
Local time: 22:19
English to Romanian
+ ...
Nov 11, 2018

Hello. I have a big problem with Wordfast Anywhere. I cannot download the translated document because it tells me there are many segments with tag difference. But I did put all the tags in the target document as there were in the source document, I followed the instructions on how to do that in Wordfact Anywhere FAQ, there is absolutely no tag difference whatsoever, but it still tells me that. It's driving me crazy. Does anyone know any solution to that? Thank you in advance.

Philippe Locquet
Philippe Locquet  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 20:19
English to French
+ ...
Tags Nov 12, 2018

luiya wrote:

Hello. I have a big problem with Wordfast Anywhere. I cannot download the translated document because it tells me there are many segments with tag difference. But I did put all the tags in the target document as there were in the source document, I followed the instructions on how to do that in Wordfact Anywhere FAQ, there is absolutely no tag difference whatsoever, but it still tells me that. It's driving me crazy. Does anyone know any solution to that? Thank you in advance.

Hello Luiya,

There could be some reasons to this.
1/Check that each tag in target is the same tag as in source: even if some tags appear to be named the same, they could have a different role. If you hover over a tag with your mouse it will tell you its content.
2/Tag sequence: the tags that appear in a particular sequence in the source have to appear in the exact same sequence in target.

If that doesn't help, you may have an issue with the file in WFA (extremely rare). In such case, open your document in WFA, go to file download, select backup workspace and download the pack (it will include a TM fro your current file and the bilingual version of your file in txlf). Then on your computer add "1" to the name of your source file, upload it again. Connect your TM to it if not connected and update the document with your txlf (file/merge bilingual). This will fill it all for you. Then try to download again.

If the issue persists, send and e-mail to [email protected] they'll have you fixed in no time.

Hope this helps.

Paula Graf
Paula Graf  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 20:19
Member (2018)
German to Portuguese
+ ...
Wordfast Problem Nov 12, 2018

Hello Luiya. When this happend to me and it seems like I've everything ok, normally it's because I have more free spaces anywhere or I have a ", " insteed a dot.

[Editado em 2018-11-12 14:57 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Anywhere problem

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »